Frequent Contributor
RSCo

Additional Amex Cards And Impact On AAOA...

So, I have ONE Amex card with an opened date of 2003, even though I just opened it 2 months ago - They back dated for me.. If I add another Amex to my list of accounts, will this new Amex and its back dating increase my AAOA even further?? My current AAOA is 7 yrs - before my app spree back in feb, it was 9 years. Adding 6 new cards to my list of carried cards back in Feb dropped my AAOA by 2 yrs.. I'm looking to reclaim some of the aging that I lost back.

Thanks.
Citi Hilton Honors: $25,000 -- Amex PRG: $NPSL -- Citi TY Premier World: $9,880 -- NWFCU: $7,500 -- Citi Home Depot: $7,000 -- Citi AAdvantage Platinum Visa Sig: $5,000 -- Visa Black Card: $5,000 -- Discover IT: $5,000 -- AmexTrueEarnings: $5,000 -- Amex Gold Delta: $4,500 -- Pottery Barn: $4,000 -- Ethan AllenGE: $4000 -- Chase Slate: $2,500 -- CapOne Platinum: $2,500 -- CapOne Platinum: $2,500 -- AmazonGE: $2,200 -- Barclays BJs: $1,800 -- WalmartGE: $1,500 -- PenFed LOC: $500
Valued Contributor
boomhower

Re: Additional Amex Cards And Impact On AAOA...

Yes, additional cards will back date to 2003.  But do the math and you'll see it won't make a huge difference to you AAoA.  If they offer a card you'll benefit from certainly go for it.  But don't do it just to try and increase your AAoA, it's just not worth the little improvement your getting.  The HP hit will likely do more damage. 

hayabusa

boomhower wrote:

Yes, additional cards will back date to 2003.  But do the math and you'll see it won't make a huge difference to you AAoA.  If they offer a card you'll benefit from certainly go for it.  But don't do it just to try and increase your AAoA, it's just not worth the little improvement your getting.  The HP hit will likely do more damage. 

most Amex cards have decent benefits and sign up bonuses that are worthwhile imo. Although the AAOA won't have a huge impact from a single card, but it will help regardless. I just had a new card posted on my report today. 

Although my AAOA was fairly low about 1.9 years with 19 accounts lol

Established Contributor
pakman92

hayabusa wrote:

boomhower wrote:

most Amex cards have decent benefits and sign up bonuses that are worthwhile imo. Although the AAOA won't have a huge impact from a single card, but it will help regardless. I just had a new card posted on my report today. 

Looks like above is from Credit Karma, if I remember correctly, the FAKOs at Karma only uses open TLs for AAoA where as FICO models include closed TLs also.

My Starting Score: EQ: 691 (11/30/11) TU98: 726 (11/30/11)
My Current Score: EQ: 779 (04/22/13) TU08: 835 (06/03/13)
DW Starting Score: EQ: 742 (03/02/12) TU98: 748 (03/02/12)
DW Current Score: EQ: 784 (03/11/13) TU08: 775 (06/03/13)
Super Contributor
enharu

pakman92 wrote:

hayabusa wrote:

boomhower wrote:

Looks like above is from Credit Karma, if I remember correctly, the FAKOs at Karma only uses open TLs for AAoA where as FICO models include closed TLs also.

+1

if you have several aged accounts that have been closed, which is common with auto loans esp, your real fico score should be higher than what CK is telling you.

But then again, CK's scores are too undependable to tell. Other paid FAKO services are much more reliable and have a lesser error of margin, although nothing is still as reliable as pulling the FICO score itself. 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+