Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional Visa/MC for relative

tag
ForceMd
Valued Member

Additional Visa/MC for relative

Hello,

I am currently helping a relative out by sending a couple hundred dollars to them monthly. I figured that I could add this relative as an additional cardholder on one of my accounts and help them out while earning some extra miles or points on one of my awards cards. I am aware that I can add them to my Amex and keep pretty good control on spending limits and monthly spending; (They will not have access to my full credit limit, and I could limit access to the account if needed without affecting the primary card).

My question is, do any of the major MC/Visa accounts operate in a similar way? I currently have CSP, AAdvantage, COne Venture and a few others. It would be awesome if I could send them a second CSP to earn some additional points for me. I browsed the literature on each of the major websites but it does not seem to be the case; i.e., If I make my relative an additional cardholder on my Citi or CSP, they would have access to the full card limit; which I don't want. I just thought I would ask the smart folks here at MyFico if there were alternatives to the AMEX. Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Additional Visa/MC for relative

Unfortunately, no.  Amex is the only one that allows limits for ACMs

Message 2 of 4
ForceMd
Valued Member

Thanks for the reply. Guess I could at least earn extra points on my Amex SPG this way. Was hoping that I could get some extra UAs in my Chase account. Oh well.

Message 3 of 4
ksantangelo23
Frequent Contributor

@ForceMd wrote:

Hello,

I am currently helping a relative out by sending a couple hundred dollars to them monthly. I figured that I could add this relative as an additional cardholder on one of my accounts and help them out while earning some extra miles or points on one of my awards cards. I am aware that I can add them to my Amex and keep pretty good control on spending limits and monthly spending; (They will not have access to my full credit limit, and I could limit access to the account if needed without affecting the primary card).

My question is, do any of the major MC/Visa accounts operate in a similar way? I currently have CSP, AAdvantage, COne Venture and a few others. It would be awesome if I could send them a second CSP to earn some additional points for me. I browsed the literature on each of the major websites but it does not seem to be the case; i.e., If I make my relative an additional cardholder on my Citi or CSP, they would have access to the full card limit; which I don't want. I just thought I would ask the smart folks here at MyFico if there were alternatives to the AMEX. Thanks.

Elaborating on Lexies' answer, only AMEX provides seperate account numbers for authorized users, which allows for the seperate control. Smiley Indifferent

AMEX Hilton Ascend: $55,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve: $30,000 | PNC Points: $17,500 | AMEX BCE (AU): $18,000 | AMEX BCP: $15,000 | US Bank Cash+ $15,000 | AMEX Business Prime: $14,000 | AMEX SimplyCash: $12,000 | Capital One QS: $13,500 | Chase Business Ink: $12,000 | PNC Everyday (AU): $12,000 | JCPenny Store Card: $10,500 | Chase Slate: $9,400 | Capital One QS: $6,500 | (2nd) US Bank Cash+ (2nd): $7,500 | Discover IT: $6,000 | Chase Freedom: $3,500 | Auto Lease: $0/$21,000 | Auto Loan: $0/$18,000 |

TU: 818 EX: 809 EQ: 801

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.