Reply
Frequent Contributor
isoldmyatlas
Posts: 341
Registered: ‎04-28-2012
0

Address verification process - how long?

Don't worry, I'm still planted firmly in the garden!  This question is actually regarding an app my SO did today.

 

Earlier tonight he applied for the Discover IT - I referred him through the $50/$50 program on their website.  He applied and it requested a document that would verify his address, and it also prompted him to create an account.  He did that and uploaded a copy of his driver's license.  I'm guessing he'll be a shoo-in since he's been receiving pre-approvals from them for the past couple of months and he has 9 months of perfect history on the 1 card he has (BOA $99/500).  His scores are in the 730s, no baddies.

 

For those of you who have also had to do address verification, how long was it before they notified you that you were approved?

 

Thanks!

TU: 757 (9/14/14) | EQ: 778 (10/7/14) | EX: 770 (10/7/14)

Cap1 Quicksilver, $4,750 (4/2012); Discover IT, $6,000 (10/2012); Chase Amazon Rewards, $7,600 (10/2012); AMEX Hilton HHonors, $15,000 (11/2012); AMEX Blue Cash Everyday, $10,000 (01/2013); Barclaycard Arrival+, $10,000 (07/13); Chase Hyatt, $7,000 (09/13)
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney
Posts: 26,620
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: Address verification process - how long?

[ Edited ]

isoldmyatlas wrote:

Don't worry, I'm still planted firmly in the garden!  This question is actually regarding an app my SO did today.

 

Earlier tonight he applied for the Discover IT - I referred him through the $50/$50 program on their website.  He applied and it requested a document that would verify his address, and it also prompted him to create an account.  He did that and uploaded a copy of his driver's license.  I'm guessing he'll be a shoo-in since he's been receiving pre-approvals from them for the past couple of months and he has 9 months of perfect history on the 1 card he has (BOA $99/500).  His scores are in the 730s, no baddies.

 

For those of you who have also had to do address verification, how long was it before they notified you that you were approved?

 

Thanks!


If that's all they wanted which usually means already approved Congrats to SO and you for still gardening Lol

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/6/13


Member
elizabeth16
Posts: 16
Registered: ‎04-15-2012
0

Re: Address verification process - how long?

Had the exact same thing happen to me. I'm still waiting, at this point, I'm not even sure if I'm approved or not...
Frequent Contributor
isoldmyatlas
Posts: 341
Registered: ‎04-28-2012
0

Re: Address verification process - how long?

When did you apply?


elizabeth16 wrote:
Had the exact same thing happen to me. I'm still waiting, at this point, I'm not even sure if I'm approved or not...

 

TU: 757 (9/14/14) | EQ: 778 (10/7/14) | EX: 770 (10/7/14)

Cap1 Quicksilver, $4,750 (4/2012); Discover IT, $6,000 (10/2012); Chase Amazon Rewards, $7,600 (10/2012); AMEX Hilton HHonors, $15,000 (11/2012); AMEX Blue Cash Everyday, $10,000 (01/2013); Barclaycard Arrival+, $10,000 (07/13); Chase Hyatt, $7,000 (09/13)
Frequent Contributor
atarvuzdar
Posts: 375
Registered: ‎01-20-2012
0

Re: Address verification process - how long?

I wholeheartedly recommend calling in and nudging the process along a little bit.

Current: EQ 673 September2013 / TU 696 September2013 (Walmart)
Start: EQ 584 Feb2012 / TU 629 July2012

Wallet: BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig $5000 / Lowe's $6000 / JCP $3900 / eBay MC $3200 / Barclaycard Rewards $2000 / Walmart $3300 / CapOne NHRC $2000 / CapOne Platinum #1 $2000 / Amazon $1700 / Discover It $1000 / CapOne Platinum #2 (former Orchard) $750 / Amex Zync $500 Autopay
Member
elizabeth16
Posts: 16
Registered: ‎04-15-2012
0

Re: Address verification process - how long?

It's been a couple of days. I've been debating calling or not but not sure what the difference of calling will make. I'm borderline being approved ( scores 650-680, but 30-40% util and a couple of recent new cards have added inquiries and new credit, but I applied randomly. Not expecting much in terms of CL, but have saw ppl with worse profiles being approved recently and thought it was worth a shot...
Member
elizabeth16
Posts: 16
Registered: ‎04-15-2012
0

Re: Address verification process - how long?

I broke down and called. Turned out, I needed to re upload the utility bill I had sent to show the whole page and to verify my phone number because it was a cell. Once I did that, she approvedme. Only $1500, but its a start!
Frequent Contributor
isoldmyatlas
Posts: 341
Registered: ‎04-28-2012
0

Re: Address verification process - how long?

Just wanted to offer an update!

 

He went to the "Check Status" link today and it says he has been approved!  We don't know for how much yet, but I'll try to get him to call and find out.  He's pretty happy though!  His last baddie dropped off in February/March and his scores shot up, so this is the first time in 10 years that he's had good credit :smileyhappy:

TU: 757 (9/14/14) | EQ: 778 (10/7/14) | EX: 770 (10/7/14)

Cap1 Quicksilver, $4,750 (4/2012); Discover IT, $6,000 (10/2012); Chase Amazon Rewards, $7,600 (10/2012); AMEX Hilton HHonors, $15,000 (11/2012); AMEX Blue Cash Everyday, $10,000 (01/2013); Barclaycard Arrival+, $10,000 (07/13); Chase Hyatt, $7,000 (09/13)
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney
Posts: 26,620
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: Address verification process - how long?

[ Edited ]

isoldmyatlas wrote:

Just wanted to offer an update!

 

He went to the "Check Status" link today and it says he has been approved!  We don't know for how much yet, but I'll try to get him to call and find out.  He's pretty happy though!  His last baddie dropped off in February/March and his scores shot up, so this is the first time in 10 years that he's had good credit :smileyhappy:


Congrats so happy  WTG

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/6/13


Valued Contributor
asphaltcowboy
Posts: 1,124
Registered: ‎02-03-2013
0

Re: Address verification process - how long?

Congrats all the way around!!:smileyhappy:



Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 721 EQ 719 EX 717 Last Update 8/2014
Garden Club 04/10/2013 (Goal 2015 or Longer)





myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}