Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adios BofA!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Adios BofA!!

wmarat,

I will give you credit on that there is some truth to your last post it just aggravates me all these people that screw up and place all the blame on the big bad bank and take no accountability for their actions.

Message 21 of 30
kyobakes
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

wmarat,

I will give you credit on that there is some truth to your last post it just aggravates me all these people that screw up and place all the blame on the big bad bank and take no accountability for their actions.

did the "big bad banks" take responsibility for their actions and role in the financial crises'?

Message 22 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes they did they are taking the hit in their books on the losses from the foreclosures, repos, and charge-offs.
Message 23 of 30
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

Hello everyone.  This thread has been a model of thoughtul and respectful discussion - until just recently.  A post was deleted that resorted to insults and did a disservice to everyone else who put time and effort into their replies so far.  It would have been a shame to let this thread die (or rather, be locked) due to the actions of one individual.

I commend you for your restraint, despite your disagreements.

Message 24 of 30
marty56
Super Contributor

Very few people in this forum have more cause to hate BofA then I do.  They went out of their way to mess up my credit and I still have 3 years to go till that derog falls off.

Having said that, I gave them the ability to do so by opening up my Sams card while I was in DMP.  I am 100% at fault for doing so.

Did I deserve it no. Did get what I asked for, yes.

With the CU option, I will never do business with any big bank again.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 25 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wmarat wrote:

Let me see. Lady was late 1 time on her payment. Should she be penalized? YES.

Should it be either 16% increase in APR or account closure? NO.

I personally, do not give a sh8t what banks like to see. Having depository account with banks means I lend them money for free or almost for free and if they do not treat me fairly I stop lending them money.

+1

Message 26 of 30
DI
Super Contributor

The banks get it's money from the Federal Reserve.  The Federal Reserve get it's money from the Government. And the Govenment get it's money from the people.  And the people foot all the expenses in between. 
Message 27 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DI wrote:
The banks get it's money from the Federal Reserve.  The Federal Reserve get it's money from the Government. And the Govenment get it's money from the people.  And the people foot all the expenses in between. 

I am not trying to be argumentative, but I do want to correct the above statement.

Banks do not get their money from the Federal Reserve.  The Federal Reserve is where banks put (deposit) their reserve funds.  Banks can borrow money under certain conditions from the Fed or Treasury, but the money a bank has comes from various deposit accounts, capital (equity), loans or bonds.

The Federal Reserve does not get it's money from the Government.  The government chartered the Federal Reserve and gave it authority  over the banking sector.  In fact, the Federal Reserve loans money to the US Government.  When the US Government sells bonds or other securities, it often sells a certain portion to the Fed (who holds them as assets of the Fed Reserve). 

The process of the Fed buying and selling government securities is just one way in monetary policy to influence or control the supply of money and interest rates, because many things tie back to the Treasury Bill rates in the investment world, just as lending often goes off of Prime or other index rates.

All money is originated as a debt (Reserve Note), since it is not issed as a certificate of value (such as was the case when we were on the gold standard and they issued gold and silver certificates, not reserve notes).  But obviously there isn't enough gold and silver to cover the supply of money, plus our economy is not commodity based any more, it is fluid and the value behind it is the same value that stocks have....the apparent economic health of the backing company.  In the case of money, it is the apparent health of the US economy, the GDP, debt & surpluses, trade deficits or surpluses, etc.  Money no longer represents a tangible value, but is the vehicle or carrier of transactions and really isn't anything more than Visa or MasterCard is....a form of financial instrument which allows the easy exchange of products or services, and to store those values yet to be exchanged.

Smiley Happy

Message 28 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@DI wrote:

I am not trying to be argumentative, but I do want to correct the above statement.

Banks do not get their money from the Federal Reserve.  The Federal Reserve is where banks put (deposit) their reserve funds.  Banks can borrow money under certain conditions from the Fed or Treasury, but the money a bank has comes from various deposit accounts, capital (equity), loans or bonds.

The Federal Reserve does not get it's money from the Government.  The government chartered the Federal Reserve and gave it authority  over the banking sector.  In fact, the Federal Reserve loans money to the US Government.  When the US Government sells bonds or other securities, it often sells a certain portion to the Fed (who holds them as assets of the Fed Reserve). 

The process of the Fed buying and selling government securities is just one way in monetary policy to influence or control the supply of money and interest rates, because many things tie back to the Treasury Bill rates in the investment world, just as lending often goes off of Prime or other index rates.

All money is originated as a debt (Reserve Note), since it is not issed as a certificate of value (such as was the case when we were on the gold standard and they issued gold and silver certificates, not reserve notes).  But obviously there isn't enough gold and silver to cover the supply of money, plus our economy is not commodity based any more, it is fluid and the value behind it is the same value that stocks have....the apparent economic health of the backing company.  In the case of money, it is the apparent health of the US economy, the GDP, debt & surpluses, trade deficits or surpluses, etc.  Money no longer represents a tangible value, but is the vehicle or carrier of transactions and really isn't anything more than Visa or MasterCard is....a form of financial instrument which allows the easy exchange of products or services, and to store those values yet to be exchanged.

Smiley Happy

Very Zeitgeist of you.....all it's missing is a sinister plot to defraud the American people Smiley Happy 

Message 29 of 30
DI
Super Contributor

Thanks!  I need to research this further.  I'm confused. 
Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.