Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice? Citi card product change

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Advice? Citi card product change

I just recently received a credit line increase on my Citi Platinum Visa Student Card (11% interest, 5000 CL).  I also have a MTVu Visa card with them (12% interest, 5500 CL.)  

The thing is though the platinum card has no rewards while the MTVu card has Thank you points which I enjoy.  I never carry a balance on either cards but I want to product change this platinum card to either a cash back or rewards to make it worth my while. I would also like to change the platinum Visa to a MasterCard just so I have a fully diversified wallet.  Is this at all possible?  Should I wait?  Maybe eliminate the platinum after awhile and ask to move that credit line to the MTVu?

I also have an Amex Zync charge, Amex Blue and Discover More card (rarely used) if that makes a difference.  Credit Score is low 700's, 20 yrs old.  I don't regularly use or max out all these cards; just preparing for the future.

Message Edited by kev7645 on 02-03-2010 03:18 PM
Message Edited by kev7645 on 02-03-2010 03:19 PM
Message Edited by kev7645 on 02-03-2010 03:21 PM
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Advice? Citi card product change

you just call and ask for product change, they will pull up a list of what cards you can change to.. easy squeezy
Message 2 of 4
Cotton_Britches
Frequent Contributor

Citi is easy to work with. Just call and ask.
“Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.”
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the encouragement.  Called today and they product changed to a Diamond Premier Rewards MasterCard.  Exactly what I wanted.  Citi is surprisingly easy to work with, almost on par with Amex. 
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.