Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice: Multiple Apps

tag
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Re: Advice: Multiple Apps

@thobbs wrote:
I forgot to mention that my revolving credit utilization is under 4%. Now I'm hesitant. I guess I could try and if they reject, just wait until next year. Decisions decisions decisions...

Generally you can re-apply after 6 months of apping with the same lender. Enjoy the Freedom card and hold off if you don't need it.

Message 11 of 12
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Re: Advice: Multiple Apps

@tntexans72 wrote:

@thobbs wrote:
I forgot to mention that my revolving credit utilization is under 4%. Now I'm hesitant. I guess I could try and if they reject, just wait until next year. Decisions decisions decisions...

Generally you can re-apply after 6 months of apping with the same lender. Enjoy the Freedom card and hold off if you don't need it.

From personal experience, I wouldn't worry that one recent new card would deep six you with Discover.  I had two new cards from another lender issued to me a few weeks prior to app'ing for the Discover card, and it didn't phase Discover (or the other lender) one bit.

Don't expect a high limit with Discover when that card is issued, though.  Historically, they are very conservative with the CL until they see your pattern of payments/usage.  Then they loosen up, and can be quite generous with the CL.

YMMV

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.