Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice Needed

tag
gaktheknife
Established Member

Advice Needed

Hello All,

I recently had a score bump after cleaning  the lates off of nmy credit so I decided to do some app's. I got a Lowes card @ 2k 3/29, a discover it card @ 1k 3/30 and a Visa from my credit union yesterday @ 5k. My question now is should I stop apping and wait for a few months for these to raise my score or should I apply for anything else?

EX FICO 677 -4/1
EQ FICO 672 - 4/1
TU FICO 654 - 4/11
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
tattooedhusker
Established Contributor

Re: Advice Needed

There is always room for you in the garden! 6 month stays are welcomed!

NFCU CashRewards $13.5k | AMEX BCE $15k | Lowes $17k | Sportsmanss guide $7.6k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $4.4k |
Walmart $8k | Gordman's $2950
Message 2 of 7
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Congrats. Keep in mind that you're going to get dinged for pulls, then new accounts showing afterwards.. Garden time for you! No soup for you...come back one year! Lol...
Message 3 of 7
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your app spree. Be aware that you may not see an immediate upward bump in scores, especially if you aren't carrying balance on whatever cards you have currently. If you are carrying balances you may see a bump due to your util % going down but you will get dinged for both hard pulled inquires and your AAoA going down. A lot of the aging negative affects will go away as time goes on. The important thing for you now is to use your new cards responsibly. I would concur with others and take a breather for a bit.

Message 4 of 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Definitely time to stop app'ing. As others have mentioned your scores will go down from the inq's, loss of AAOA and new accounts reporting. If you were to app, which card were you thinking about?.
Message 5 of 7
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Stop while your ahead.  Let those age for at least six months but preferably a year.

Message 6 of 7
gaktheknife
Established Member

Thanks all for the advice. I have all of the credit I need for now so......time to garden

EX FICO 677 -4/1
EQ FICO 672 - 4/1
TU FICO 654 - 4/11
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.