Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice - US credit cards

tag
ysabelle32
Established Member

Re: Advice - US credit cards

Decided to go for the discover it card after seeing that great amazon gift card sign up bonus and I got approved..YAY!....even better is I was able to get an additional card for my husband without giving a SSN (still waiting for his to come through), which is great as that should hopefulyl mean that his credit history can start building too. is that right?!

Anyways, off I go to garden for the next 12 months....  Smiley Happy

Oh - anyone know how to find out your CL before the paperwork arrives? Is there a number you can call like I did with the AMEX? Im just being impatient..I know..

Thanks again!

PNC Secured Visa 10/12 $250, Cap 1 Plat MC 10/12 $2.3K, Discover IT 4/13 $2K, AMEX BCE 5/13 $6K, Chase Freedom 10/13 $3K Chase BA Visa SIgnature $7K

Message 21 of 29
jakemod1
Regular Contributor

Congrats on your approval! You'll love the card and Discover's customer service!

I believe you can just call 1-800-DISCOVER to find out your limit. You'll get in touch with a live representative and they should be able to look up your application for you.

Discover should start reporting your account around the 2nd statement cut, so hopefully, they also start reporting the account to your husband's CR as an AU.

Now off to the garden you go to let those inquiries and accounts age!

Discover IT: $20,5k | Chase Freedom: $5k | CSP: $7k | Amex BCE: $25k | BofA Cash Rewards: $12,4k | Citi DC: $8,4k | Cap1 QS: $6k | Commence: $11k | US Bank Cash+: $8k | Macy's Amex $5k | Kohl's: $3k
Message 22 of 29
ysabelle32
Established Member

Yes sir! Smiley Happy hehe thanks Jake!

PNC Secured Visa 10/12 $250, Cap 1 Plat MC 10/12 $2.3K, Discover IT 4/13 $2K, AMEX BCE 5/13 $6K, Chase Freedom 10/13 $3K Chase BA Visa SIgnature $7K

Message 23 of 29
nfs_mw
New Contributor

Grats on the approvalsSmiley Happy..Very nice cards for such a short AAoA

Message 24 of 29
jonathan0y

after reading your sucess in getting those new cards in such a thin history, it makes me want to app for Amex and discover too

Message 25 of 29
HiLine
Blogger

Congratulations! How wise of you to apply for cards from Discover and American Express! These two particular lenders are known to be very generous to credit builders. I have cards from them as well - so let me welcome you to the Amex and Discover families! 

Oh, and welcome to the U.S!!! Smiley Happy

Message 26 of 29
ysabelle32
Established Member

Thank you Smiley Happy I was really surprised but very grateful for the approvals. Had I read some of the previous posts about citi cards, I probably wouldn't have app'd for that but you live and learn. We want to buy a house here but until we build up our credit history it looks like we'll have to rent.boo-it's like throwing money away anyways thanks all. Have really appreciated the support and fab advice you've given Smiley Happy

Message 27 of 29
HiLine
Blogger

Don't bother with Chase either until you guys have at least a year of US credit history. You hit the sweet spot with Amex and Discover. Chances are you won't even need another card. Smiley Wink

Message 28 of 29
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

To find out your Amex limit you can call New Accounts at 1-888-826-3471

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.