Established Member
PaPaBrad

Re: Advice for Future

Yea I sent a email to get the ball rolling with a local credit union. If PNC does not work out I'll consider switching my banking. I've been with National City/PNC for almost 10 years now.

New Contributor
mistabgeez

PaPaBrad wrote:

Thats a good point. I emailed my bank to see what they are looking for.

Also thinking about applying for Walmart and Amazon. I shop quite a bit at amazon but I'd like the Visa cause it can be used anywhere.. Hear that one may be hard to get with a small credit history (6 Months) Reccomendations? 

I would suggest looking at the Citi Forward Student card. It offers 5% on Amazon and restaurants. This offers a great benefit to you for your purchases, and your application may be looked upon more favorably if you are a student. Something to consider.

AMEX BCE $18,000 Citi Forward $6500 USAA $6000
Chase Freedom $2500 Discover It $4000
M & T Visa $2500 CU Visa $2500 Walmart $2200
Established Member
PaPaBrad

[ Edited ]

Discover Auto'ed me to 750 which was nice. I have my Utilization sitting at sub 9% now.

PNC is a no go a bit more difficult to get in it seems. I'm currently studying abroad in Japan so I don't need credit at the moment. When I return in Jan/Feb I'm interested in getting Amazon and Walmart (Most of my shopping as I attend college)

Is apping for two GE cards at the same time alright? I'll have about 10 months history then. Good odds? No baddies. I'd also like a Visa type credit card if possible. Discover area is pretty good around me but Visa is better. Recommendations?

My inquiries stand at

EX - 3, only one in the last year

EQ - 0 none at all

TU - 9, 4 in the last year (2 are student loan apps)

Edit:

@mistabgeez

Thank you for the reccomendation I'll take a look into it.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+