Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice for cardholder with AmEx Blue Cash and Capital One Visa

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Advice for cardholder with AmEx Blue Cash and Capital One Visa

Hey everyone, I'm new and thought this place looks like the place to ask this question and receive helpful feedback. Here's my dilemma:

I have a Capital One Orbitz Visa that has had a credit limit of $1,000 forever and they won't increase it. This January, I got the AmEx Blue Cash with a credit limit of $10,000 and tried upgrading but was told I could not because I have not had the card longer than 13 months. My credit score is in the 720 range. I would like a Visa card that has a higher credit limit so I can put bills on it and get rewards for it. I always pay my balance in full and higher credit limits don't tempt me to spend crazy. I live a frugal life.

What do you guys see as most wise? Getting another Visa card and Blue Cash Preferred at once so my credit score won't hurt? Wait 13 months for the AmEx and get another Visa? Thanks.

P.S. Majority of my spending goes to groceries so the AmEx Blue Cash Preferred would be ideal for me.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Advice for cardholder with AmEx Blue Cash and Capital One Visa

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey everyone, I'm new and thought this place looks like the place to ask this question and receive helpful feedback. Here's my dilemma:

I have a Capital One Orbitz Visa that has had a credit limit of $1,000 forever and they won't increase it. This January, I got the AmEx Blue Cash with a credit limit of $10,000 and tried upgrading but was told I could not because I have not had the card longer than 13 months. My credit score is in the 720 range. I would like a Visa card that has a higher credit limit so I can put bills on it and get rewards for it. I always pay my balance in full and higher credit limits don't tempt me to spend crazy. I live a frugal life.

What do you guys see as most wise? Getting another Visa card and Blue Cash Preferred at once so my credit score won't hurt? Wait 13 months for the AmEx and get another Visa? Thanks.

P.S. Majority of my spending goes to groceries so the AmEx Blue Cash Preferred would be ideal for me.

Welcome to the forums!    You came to the right place Smiley Wink   and Congratulation on your Amex Blue cash with 10k CL.

Are you talking about higher than your cap 1?    Then you should be able to get one with your score.   Why Not!

That is very good.      I say go for the VISA.   Do you have any VISA in your mind?

Message 2 of 4
Cranston
Established Member

two suggestions, BofA seem to have loosened up recently and there have been a lot of reports of CLIs from them. Or, try a credit union.

Message 3 of 4
Achase
Regular Contributor

id go with usaa or barclay 

Starting Score: 490
Current Score: 522
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.