cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice for first app spree/portfolio

Community Leader
Valued Contributor

Re: Advice for first app spree/portfolio


Royal_Flush wrote:

improvingmycredit wrote:

Simply827 wrote:

It would be more advantageous to apply for the "prefered" cards so that you will get the sign on bonus. A product change likely won't allow you to take advantage of the bonuses. If the preferred cards are what you want then just app with those.

 

 

Any scores you got from the EQ and TU sites are NOT FICO scores. You can get your true FICOs from this site.


+1. Get your true FICO scores from here.  FAKOS can be all over the place and are not reliable.  I suspect though with your listed profile, your FICO should be pretty healthy.  Most CUs pull EQ for their credit products so I think if would be advantageous to you to go ahead and get that CLI and let it report.  As Simply827 stated, app the cards you really want, don't plan a PC later and lose the sign on bonuses when you are probably good to go already.  I'd still wait till after a CLI reports to get the highest possible starting limits.


If the CLI is a HP, should I still do it? I was thinking the inquiry would hurt my approval chances more than help, even if it's at $10k?


II would get the CLI.  This will help with getting better starting limits.  Yes, the inq will affect your score marginally but if it is a EQ pull, shouldn't matter... Amex almost never pulls EQ. So this is my assumption- Amex 2 inqs (maybe 1) on EX- Chase- more than likely EX also but maybe EQ. Discover IT either EQ or TU for a net of 2 EX possibly 3- 2 EQ possibly 3 and 1 TU inqs If you app all 4.  That's including the CLI request.  Either way- they all won't show on the same reports so I think you are good.  You haven't been seeking credit actively lately so not too much worry with inqs.  I'd be more worried about you AAoA if you get all the cards.  As long as you aren't planning any big purchases in the near future, you should be good.  Just my .02.  :-)


Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 11 of 28
Valued Member

Re: Advice for first app spree/portfolio


improvingmycredit wrote:

Royal_Flush wrote:

improvingmycredit wrote:

Simply827 wrote:

It would be more advantageous to apply for the "prefered" cards so that you will get the sign on bonus. A product change likely won't allow you to take advantage of the bonuses. If the preferred cards are what you want then just app with those.

 

 

Any scores you got from the EQ and TU sites are NOT FICO scores. You can get your true FICOs from this site.


+1. Get your true FICO scores from here.  FAKOS can be all over the place and are not reliable.  I suspect though with your listed profile, your FICO should be pretty healthy.  Most CUs pull EQ for their credit products so I think if would be advantageous to you to go ahead and get that CLI and let it report.  As Simply827 stated, app the cards you really want, don't plan a PC later and lose the sign on bonuses when you are probably good to go already.  I'd still wait till after a CLI reports to get the highest possible starting limits.


If the CLI is a HP, should I still do it? I was thinking the inquiry would hurt my approval chances more than help, even if it's at $10k?


II would get the CLI.  This will help with getting better starting limits.  Yes, the inq will affect your score marginally but if it is a EQ pull, shouldn't matter... Amex almost never pulls EQ. So this is my assumption- Amex 2 inqs (maybe 1) on EX- Chase- more than likely EX also but maybe EQ. Discover IT either EQ or TU for a net of 2 EX possibly 3- 2 EQ possibly 3 and 1 TU inqs If you app all 4.  That's including the CLI request.  Either way- they all won't show on the same reports so I think you are good.  You haven't been seeking credit actively lately so not too much worry with inqs.  I'd be more worried about you AAoA if you get all the cards.  As long as you aren't planning any big purchases in the near future, you should be good.  Just my .02.  :-)


I'm not in a hurry to go on an app spree. With that said, would it benefit me to wait until August when all the inquiries clear (With the assumption that I'll get a CLI to $10k soon with my CU CC)?

Message 12 of 28
Established Contributor

Re: Advice for first app spree/portfolio


Royal_Flush wrote:

improvingmycredit wrote:

Royal_Flush wrote:

improvingmycredit wrote:

Simply827 wrote:

It would be more advantageous to apply for the "prefered" cards so that you will get the sign on bonus. A product change likely won't allow you to take advantage of the bonuses. If the preferred cards are what you want then just app with those.

 

 

Any scores you got from the EQ and TU sites are NOT FICO scores. You can get your true FICOs from this site.


+1. Get your true FICO scores from here.  FAKOS can be all over the place and are not reliable.  I suspect though with your listed profile, your FICO should be pretty healthy.  Most CUs pull EQ for their credit products so I think if would be advantageous to you to go ahead and get that CLI and let it report.  As Simply827 stated, app the cards you really want, don't plan a PC later and lose the sign on bonuses when you are probably good to go already.  I'd still wait till after a CLI reports to get the highest possible starting limits.


If the CLI is a HP, should I still do it? I was thinking the inquiry would hurt my approval chances more than help, even if it's at $10k?


II would get the CLI.  This will help with getting better starting limits.  Yes, the inq will affect your score marginally but if it is a EQ pull, shouldn't matter... Amex almost never pulls EQ. So this is my assumption- Amex 2 inqs (maybe 1) on EX- Chase- more than likely EX also but maybe EQ. Discover IT either EQ or TU for a net of 2 EX possibly 3- 2 EQ possibly 3 and 1 TU inqs If you app all 4.  That's including the CLI request.  Either way- they all won't show on the same reports so I think you are good.  You haven't been seeking credit actively lately so not too much worry with inqs.  I'd be more worried about you AAoA if you get all the cards.  As long as you aren't planning any big purchases in the near future, you should be good.  Just my .02.  :-)


I'm not in a hurry to go on an app spree. With that said, would it benefit me to wait until August when all the inquiries clear (With the assumption that I'll get a CLI to $10k soon with my CU CC)?


You have so few inquiries on your reports so I don't think it matters. Feel free to go for it now.


Starting Score: 515
Current Score: EQ08 711 EX08 731 TU08 735
Goal Score: 740+

Amex BCP $25k | Discover IT $15.7k | Cap 1 QS $10k | PSECU $10k | Citi DC $9300 | Citi DP $6800 | Barclay Ring $6500 | PayPal Extras MC $5045 | DCU $5000 | Chase Slate $5000 | Barclays AA $4100 | Chase Freedom $4000 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $500
Message 13 of 28
Community Leader
Valued Contributor

Re: Advice for first app spree/portfolio


Simply827 wrote:

Royal_Flush wrote:

improvingmycredit wrote:

Royal_Flush wrote:

improvingmycredit wrote:

Simply827 wrote:

It would be more advantageous to apply for the "prefered" cards so that you will get the sign on bonus. A product change likely won't allow you to take advantage of the bonuses. If the preferred cards are what you want then just app with those.

 

 

Any scores you got from the EQ and TU sites are NOT FICO scores. You can get your true FICOs from this site.


+1. Get your true FICO scores from here.  FAKOS can be all over the place and are not reliable.  I suspect though with your listed profile, your FICO should be pretty healthy.  Most CUs pull EQ for their credit products so I think if would be advantageous to you to go ahead and get that CLI and let it report.  As Simply827 stated, app the cards you really want, don't plan a PC later and lose the sign on bonuses when you are probably good to go already.  I'd still wait till after a CLI reports to get the highest possible starting limits.


If the CLI is a HP, should I still do it? I was thinking the inquiry would hurt my approval chances more than help, even if it's at $10k?


II would get the CLI.  This will help with getting better starting limits.  Yes, the inq will affect your score marginally but if it is a EQ pull, shouldn't matter... Amex almost never pulls EQ. So this is my assumption- Amex 2 inqs (maybe 1) on EX- Chase- more than likely EX also but maybe EQ. Discover IT either EQ or TU for a net of 2 EX possibly 3- 2 EQ possibly 3 and 1 TU inqs If you app all 4.  That's including the CLI request.  Either way- they all won't show on the same reports so I think you are good.  You haven't been seeking credit actively lately so not too much worry with inqs.  I'd be more worried about you AAoA if you get all the cards.  As long as you aren't planning any big purchases in the near future, you should be good.  Just my .02.  :-)


I'm not in a hurry to go on an app spree. With that said, would it benefit me to wait until August when all the inquiries clear (With the assumption that I'll get a CLI to $10k soon with my CU CC)?


You have so few inquiries on your reports so I don't think it matters. Feel free to go for it now.


Hey- your inqs aren't even affecting your FICO any more and as far as most lenders go- the inqs are so old that they are a none issue.  I think you are putting too much thought into the affect of your inqs have to play in your current CC desires.  I think you would be approved for any of these cards or all assuming all you've stated is correct.  The only reason I've suggest getting the cli is to gleen the prospect of getting higher starting limits taking you income into account.  I still recommend getting your real FICO and getting the CLI.  hope this helps Smiley Happy


Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 14 of 28
Valued Contributor

Re: Advice for first app spree/portfolio

+1

*8/10/13
Message 15 of 28
Valued Contributor

Re: Advice for first app spree/portfolio

While I know I shouldn't say this, I am going to anyway.

This is getting pretty annoying. You have gotten the same advice from close to a dozen veteran posters in your threads, and keep bringing up the same questions. I understand that you are afraid, but asking more of the same questions isn't going to help you. Your credit profile is fine. Your inquiries won't hurt anything. Feel free to apply whenever.

If these threads keep going until August when you claim you are going to apply I am going to scream.

Ok - I feel better now. It's hot in my office and I think I need to take a walk.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 16 of 28
Valued Contributor

Re: Advice for first app spree/portfolio

^5 +100,000

*8/10/13
Message 17 of 28
Valued Member

Re: Advice for first app spree/portfolio


SnackTrader wrote:
While I know I shouldn't say this, I am going to anyway.

This is getting pretty annoying. You have gotten the same advice from close to a dozen veteran posters in your threads, and keep bringing up the same questions. I understand that you are afraid, but asking more of the same questions isn't going to help you. Your credit profile is fine. Your inquiries won't hurt anything. Feel free to apply whenever.

If these threads keep going until August when you claim you are going to apply I am going to scream.

Ok - I feel better now. It's hot in my office and I think I need to take a walk.

Why shouldn't you say how you feel? It's a forum on the internet., you can say whatever you want, especially when you're in an office. While I understand where you're coming from, my only other thread was related to getting one Amex BC, BCE, or BCP, not 4-5 cards at the same time. Although I thought about assuming that it'd be the same result for applying for one card vs 4-5 at the same time, I decided not to assume that after reading through other dozens of threads with veteran posters. I decide to create another thread regarding my plans and/or complete wants and needs, and only got 4 "veterans" to chime in. My goal was 5, you only had to wait for 1 more to speak until I was going to stop being annoying. Coincidentally, you're the 5th.

Message 18 of 28
Valued Contributor

Re: Advice for first app spree/portfolio

Do not apply....please for heaven's sake whatever you do....do not apply!!!! 

*8/10/13
Message 19 of 28
Valued Member

Re: Advice for first app spree/portfolio

+1 ^5 +100,000

Message 20 of 28