cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice needed. 3 old accounts holding my score hostage!

tag
jazz_collegegrad08
Valued Member

Advice needed. 3 old accounts holding my score hostage!

Is there any way to get a company to delete late payments if the account is already closed with a zero balance?

I have a BOA credit card that I paid in full and closed myself in 2007 before I knew anything about credit. There are two 30day lates on it. opened 2005

also i have a macy's card that was closed by them and later paid in full. there are one 30, one 60, one 90 and one 120 day lates bc it was 4 months in a row of none payment. Will they delete if I write a goodwill letter? I don't owe them anything though so I doubt they'll do anything for me. opened 2005

and last is a charge off from First Premiere Bank with a balance of $467. Should I write a letter to have this deleted if I pay in full? I'm new to this whole credit thing as you can see I messed my self up in the past.

please help!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Advice needed. 3 old accounts holding my score hostage!

They might, and they might not.

Click "Frequently Requested Threads" in my siggy and look at the example letters.

Some people do great with GW's; I'm batting .000. Smiley Tongue
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 4
GregB
Valued Contributor

I'm also at .000 but the only one I've tried is BofA. My 30 day late from April, 2002 dropped off the last report at 6 years, 11 months.

The payment came due and my ex mailed it to the wrong address. By the time it came back she wanted to PIF the entire amount due and mailed it a few days before the due date on the second payment. It was cashed two days after the due date.

When I took over the books, I went to paying everything on-line.

Message 3 of 4
jdsays
Contributor

GW letters are the way to go.  I did some research and found the email addresses of the CEOs of the companies, and I emailed them the GW letter asking for a deletion....and got an immediate reply and the email was forwarded to the Compliance dept and they replied that they took care of it!  Paper letters are easily lost in the shuffle, so I recommend emails....try it out!

Starting Score: EQ: 590 TU: 599
Current Score: EQ: 642 TU: 683
Goal Score: 720 by 12/31/10

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.