Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice needed for Credit goals

tag
sky_king03
Established Member

Advice needed for Credit goals

Hey everyone I'm looking for some app advice to reach my credit card goals. My goal cards are Barclay's arrival, Amex Hilton Hhonors (no AF), Citi Hilton Hhonors Reserve. I'm looking to obtain the Barclay's Arrival first for the bonus points to help pay for a Europe trip in October, and then work on the Hilton cards. I'm trying to figure out if I should apply for other cards to help me reach my goals.

On Citi's pre-qual site it says I'm pre-qualified  to apply for the citi simplicity , These were listed as the other offers. I don't know if that means I'm actually pre-qualed. Citi thank you preffered, dividend select, aadvantage, hilton visa sig 

On Amex pre-qual site it says I'm pre-qualified for the green and gold amex charge cards.

Fico's are in sig.

Baddies: 

- Citi: 120 late, last late payment 8/2012, paid in full, closed

-Amex: Ex and TU list account as in collection no lates reported , EQ paid as agreed, paid in full, closed

-5/3: 90 late last on 9/2011. Paid in full, closed

-Sallie Mae: Charge off paid less than full. CO reported 2/2012

Inquires:

Last 6 mo

- EX: 1, TU:0, EQ: 0

Last 1 year

- EX: 2, TU: 3, EQ: 2

Last 2 years

- EX: 5, TU:4, EQ: 5

Debt:

US ED Student Loan

3 at current total of $17,500

AAoA: 5 years

I was thinking of apping for the Amex charge cards to get back in with Amex and then with 3 to 4 more months of gardening app for the Barclay's arrival. Then in Nov or Dec app for the Amex Hilton.

Any ideas, advice, suggestions?

EX: 680 CS: 716, TU: 715 CK: 680, EQ: 695

Amex PRG, Barclays Arrival+ $5000, US Bank Kroger Visa $1000, Cap One Union Plus $1300, Cap One QS $2250, Amazon Store Card $1200, Belk $600, JCP $800
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
sky_king03
Established Member

Re: Advice needed for Credit goals

Does anyone know if I app for the Amex hilton and get denied can I use that same HP to app for a charge card?

EX: 680 CS: 716, TU: 715 CK: 680, EQ: 695

Amex PRG, Barclays Arrival+ $5000, US Bank Kroger Visa $1000, Cap One Union Plus $1300, Cap One QS $2250, Amazon Store Card $1200, Belk $600, JCP $800
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.