Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice needed for applying for another card

tag
Thabeast
New Visitor

Advice needed for applying for another card

I have a capitol one secured $1k limit 0 bal, barclay rewards 5k, 0 bal.  Auto loan with 10K bal.  AAOA is 3 years.  My TU 764, EQ 750, EX 680 (tax lien due to improper filing of paperwork on my behalf-has 0 bal EX wont remove).  Self Employed last 4 yrs, 60K income. State of Residence is KY. My goal is to purchase a house next spring.  I would like to acquire another cash rewards card, which would you suggest?  Or should I not try for another card?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Mailak
Frequent Contributor

Re: Advice needed for applying for another card

@Thabeast wrote:

I have a capitol one secured $1k limit 0 bal, barclay rewards 5k, 0 bal.  Auto loan with 10K bal.  AAOA is 3 years.  My TU 764, EQ 750, EX 680 (tax lien due to improper filing of paperwork on my behalf-has 0 bal EX wont remove).  Self Employed last 4 yrs, 60K income. State of Residence is KY. My goal is to purchase a house next spring.  I would like to acquire another cash rewards card, which would you suggest?  Or should I not try for another card?

You can check in the mortgage subforum but I believe they say don't apply for new credit with less than a year remaining (since you want to get a house in spring).

PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards (19.5k), Amex BCE (9k), Chase Sapphire Reserve (30k), Chase Freedom Unlimited (14.5k), Chase Marriott Premier (19k), Discover More (10k)
Message 2 of 4
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

I would. You still have time before your house purchase it should be done at least 6 months before home loan. You have great scores. I wont recommend any cards because Chase is very popular and I have none. Wait for suggestions and research what would be good for you. Good Luck on your credit journey.

edit: Welcome to the forum.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 4
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

If you are going for another card, and if it has been at least 3-4 months since you obtained that Barclay card, then try for the Sallie Mae Rewards card. its issued by Barclays, so will use that great TU score you have.

https://www.salliemae.com/credit-cards/sallie-mae-card/

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.