Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice needed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Advice needed

These are my current credit cards. As of 9-17-07 my equifax score was 695. I have no negative items on my credit report. Only issue is length of history. 3 years. I want to buy a house in about four years. Do you think I should start getting better higher limit cards now. Or should I just sit on these cards til after I buy my house? I also got a pre approval notice from amex for the blue card and blue cash. I know these arent guaranteed approvals but I know my score must be going in the right direction because I never got offers from AMEX before. 

Cap1- 400 CL 16.44 APR    300.00 BALANCE
PROVIDIAN- 1000CL 24.74 APR     230.00 BALANCE
HOUSEHOLD BANK- 1500.00CL -0- BALANCE
BEST BUY 1400CL- 22.65 APR  900.00 BALANCE
NY&C 530CL -0- BALANCE
VIC SECRET 850CL -0- BALANCE

Thanks in advance for all of your help.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Advice needed

if you can bt some of your uti on the bb and cap1 to an amex and get a rate that can let you really put a dent in the balance, since you are so far off from buying it might work out to your advantage. whatever you do don't go after more than one or two prime lenders, maybe even after you tackle the uti on those cards first.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.