Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on Amex Sky

tag
audia4
Established Contributor

Advice on Amex Sky

History: One of my first "real" cards (after rebuilding my credit) was an Amex Sky that I obtained in 2013. My initial limit was set at 10k.

The following year, I applied for 2 business cards with them (Plum and Gold) and was approved for "open" accounts with them. They freaked out at the amount we ran on the cards (while continuously paying on them) the first month and put all 3 cards on hold to investigate. Long story short, they took my Sky down to $3100 and also put my "open" Plum & Gold cards on a limit of $3k as well.

After a few months, they increased the Plum and Gold to $6k. Then at the end of last year, it went back to being "unlimited/open" or whatever the terminology is. (I know that I tried doing an inquiry just for shiznits and giggles and it said approved for $100k on one and $75k on the other and I freaked out, while jumping up and down for joy that they would even consider giving me that much...not that I would ever use it...just saying.).

As for my Sky, they gave me the 3x and put me up to $9300 back in Sept 2015. Obviously this is not even at my "starting" point with this card, but I would like to ask for another increase. Since I'm not dealing with a new card and the 61 day 3x increase, what are the "rules" for asking for increases after that? It has been 6 months since my last increase. Is it ok to ask for another? How much should you ask for? Is it still a soft pull if you ask for it yourself after the 61 day increase?

Thanks in advance for any help.

TU: 819 EQ: 821 EX 811

**$7500****$30,000*****$13500****$42,200****$10,000***$10,700*****$6000****$11,000*****OPEN****OPEN******$27,000*****11,000

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.