Did you mean: 

Advice on Cap1 CC Consolidation

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Advice on Cap1 CC Consolidation

@Anonymous wrote:

@EAJuggalo wrote:

I would fold the QS Visa Sig into the QS WMC.  There are a couple of things that having a MC matters for.  There are some perks at MLB events for MC cardholders and you already have another Visa Sig in the Venture.  Out of curiousity, why couldn't you downgrade the Venture to the Venture One and keep the Visa Sig?  I have almost no knowledge of the Venture lines of cards.

Thanks for the input. I am not really sure what you mean by "downgrading the Venture into Venture One and keep the Visa Sig". 

As for the Venture cards, basically the Venture is 2 miles per dollar with an AF of $59 after the first year (this can be waived). The Venture One is a no AF 1.25 miles per dollar card. I do not mind the AF and downgrading it to Venture One would pretty much render it useless; since the QS would give me 1.5% back instead of 1.25 miles per dollar. 

+1

Your thinking is spot on.  Smiley Wink

I was in a hurry at first to combine my accounts as well, then I was unsure.  Now I'm glad I hesitated, because I might be better off with them remaining separate.  Of course, I can still change my mind at any time. 

In your own case, you've got time.  In my own case my priority was avoiding an AF, and in your case that can be accomplished with a PC even if you decide not to combine; that is, if the AF is a concern.

Some of the reasons for having multiple cards versus one (or two) cards is subjective, and only you will know what works best for you!  Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
the only reason any of us suggest combining the QS visa into the mastercard is because you said you needed the mc lol. otherwise i would just put the mc into the visa

No doubt Terror. I guess I am being sentimental lol. I had the MC start as a Platinum, $300 limit card. It really grew with me, and since most US cards are issued as Visa it had the benefit of being a WMC (for that one in a million off chance that somewhere, someone, prefers MC lol). But it still has that high APR, and any future APR decreases would be better off on the VSig. 

Like you all said, the 3 year history is really nothing. If all things were the same (APR mostly) I would keep the WMC for diversity, but I guess the VSig might be the way to go.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok if you're just being sentimental then combine it with the QS visa and call it done... lol
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.