Frequent Contributor
scientifics

Advice on Citi PC

I have two cards from Citi, a Platinum Select Visa (my oldest card) and a Simplicity which I opened for the 0% on a large purchase. I'm done paying off the Simplicity, so I no longer need that card. The CL is high, however, so I don't want to let it go to waste. I contacted Citi and they said that they could not transfer my credit line from the Simplicity to the Platinum Select. Since the Simplicity isn't of much use to me anymore I have two options - SD it or try for a PC.

My current everyday cards are:

1) Amex BCP for Groceries, Gas (when it's not 5% on Discover More or Chase Freedom), Department Stores (again when not 5% somewhere else), and for all my purchases that aren't in any rewards categories.

2) Chase Freedom for 5% categories plus for any non-rewards category purchases that don't accept Amex

3) Discover More for 5% categories

What would you do? Any other ideas?

Regular Contributor
Tommy5746

Re: Advice on Citi PC

scientifics wrote:

I have two cards from Citi, a Platinum Select Visa (my oldest card) and a Simplicity which I opened for the 0% on a large purchase. I'm done paying off the Simplicity, so I no longer need that card. The CL is high, however, so I don't want to let it go to waste. I contacted Citi and they said that they could not transfer my credit line from the Simplicity to the Platinum Select. Since the Simplicity isn't of much use to me anymore I have two options - SD it or try for a PC.

My current everyday cards are:

1) Amex BCP for Groceries, Gas (when it's not 5% on Discover More or Chase Freedom), Department Stores (again when not 5% somewhere else), and for all my purchases that aren't in any rewards categories.

2) Chase Freedom for 5% categories plus for any non-rewards category purchases that don't accept Amex

3) Discover More for 5% categories

What would you do? Any other ideas?

If it is a healthy CL then i would make small purchases on it every now and then to keep it open and reporting good on your reports.. Esepcially since Citi is prime.. if it was a sub prime card with an annual fee i would say SD it or close it

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit :smileyhappy:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}