Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on Credit Card!!

tag
airborne07
Valued Member

Advice on Credit Card!!

Looking for some advice on a good credit card.  After I get a discharge of my report my score will go back to around 720.  That's what Trans Union is right now.  I heard CHASE is a good one for a score of 720 and above.  Right now I have Capitol One QS $3300 and Discover $1200.  Welcome any recommendations.  Thanks.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Advice on Credit Card!!

what are you looking for in a card? travel? cash back? low apr?
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It all depends what you're looking for.  Travel, cash back, balance transfer etc. There are some great cards out there and you already have a QS and Discover it.  Give Chase's pre-qual screen a chance when you are ready, if the CSP and Freedom come up grab the CSP first and then try and get the Freedom after that, they pair up well because you'd only use the Freedom on the rotating categories.  Lots of options, let us know what you end up doing and good luck.  

Message 3 of 6
airborne07
Valued Member

Thanks for the adice.  Guess I should have been more clear in what I was asking.  I am looking for cashback.  For the APR, I can use the Soldiers and Sailors Relief Act so I am good in that department.  I will go ahead and do the pre-screen with Chase.  Thanks.

Message 4 of 6
Open123
Super Contributor

For cashback, if you can meet the spend, I'd suggest the following:

1.  App for the Sapphire Preferred for 50K bonus ($500 in cash) + 5K for adding an AU.

2.  After the first year, product change into the Freedom.

This way, you can "test drive" the CSP to see if it's a fit for your needs.  If it is and by chance you find the travel reward option beneficial, you can pay the fee and continue using the card.  If not, then product change it into the Freedom, and enjoy the $550 cash bonus.

Good luck!

Message 5 of 6
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

If you are in Colorado, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota, or Texas, and will be applying before the end of the year, you might consider the FNBO 2% cash back card https://www.firstnational.com/lp/2015/bucksback/visa/?type=banner&ecid=150111|OMA|RDG|0093|MKT|PTM|M...

And check the cash back charts to see if there are good cards available in the spending categories that you use frequently  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Cash-Back-credit-card-charts/td-p/4004725

The suggestion for getting a card with a large sign up bonus is also valid, provided you can make the required initial spend. Chase Sapphire Perferred, Citi Thankyou Premier, Chase MileagePlus Explorer, etc.

It doesn't hurts to get a Bank of America Better Balance Rewards card, for $100 a year for minimal spending...

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.