Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on New CC

tag
mclaughh
Established Member

Advice on New CC

Hello all,

New to the boards here. I am looking to get a new card to start building my credit history. My scores on EQ and TU are both 669. The only card I have is a Visa Signature which I just found out doesn't report CL and has been throwing my util all out of whack. I have had the card for 2.5 years and never made a late payment. The only other thing I have on my CR is a medical collection(complete bs) that was paid 2 years ago. I recently applied for AMEX True Earnings costco card on a whim to see if I could get it based on my good pmt hist but was declined...I assume they pulled EX and have no idea what my score is there. What is a decent card that I would likely be approved for with these scores? 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Advice on New CC

What company is the Visa signature with?  Maybe you should call and try to get the card converted to a diferent product, say a platinum Visa.

Message 2 of 8
mclaughh
Established Member

It's Bank of America.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you don't need or want a new line of credit, then I would call them and see if they can PC to Cash Rewards Amex.

Message 4 of 8
mclaughh
Established Member

If I was able to convert it would it close that account and open a new one thefore decreasing my AAoA? or would it stay the same?

Message 5 of 8
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

@mclaughh wrote:

If I was able to convert it would it close that account and open a new one thefore decreasing my AAoA? or would it stay the same?

If you do a product change majority of the time you keep your original account numbers and your AAoA doesn't change.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 8
mclaughh
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:

Success story here:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Successful-pc-from-bofa-signature-to-bofa-amex/td-p/842128

Thanks I called them earlier today and they let me switch to the AMEX Accelerated Cash Rewards. I first spoke with someone on the "live chat" and they told me I couldn't switch from a points card to a cash rewards card. Either way I just wanted to get rid of the Signature card so I called in and they said I could switch it to AMEX Cash Rewards no problem.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.