Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on Potential CLIs/New Apps

tag
Iorek
Contributor

Re: Advice on Potential CLIs/New Apps

@liandur wrote:
You may wait until just after Discover reaches its one year mark....my guess is they do a soft pull sometime around there. I called a week after reaching 1 year and was cli'd from $1700 to $5700 with a soft pull. My AAOA is 1 yr with oldest account just shy of 3 yrs - all FICOs ranging from 690 - 760 at any given time (mine seem to fluctuate a lot!) - income about half what yours is- and no lates or baddies anywhere.A few of my other cards ( BOA and US Bank) have CLI'd to match and keep competitive- 2/3 were soft pull. When I called them I just told them the truth. I monitor my credit and I know what reported utilization can do to my score- which by the way is very important to me. And the reason I would like a cli is not so that I can charge it up but so that I do not have to worry about using it damaging my overall credit if my payment is not processed prior to the statement cut and a balance is reported. After the first one I also noted that I had other cards with similar reward incentives but higher cl.

Capital One....I'm in the same boat with them. Although they are no longer telling me this type of account is not eligible (credit steps) I now just get a contradictory document that is not even quite a denial saying they are reviewing my usage of my current limit. I seem to be stuck at $1500 cl and have recently decided to just keep them on the back burner as I have other cards that are growing with me.

BOA gave me a cli upon activation from $1500 to my requested $5700. I initiated the request with a cs rep and was given a number to call and spoke with one of their senior credit analysts. Although in all fairness this decision was based on my TU and I have an old Macy's account in good standing but inactive that lengthened my AAOA. The analyst commended me on my on time payment history and told me that she had a great amount of respect for the fact that I monitor my reported usage and am aware of the effect of it. Not sure if this had any bearing on the result of my request but it was a real person that made the decision and not a computer.

Good point on the Discover. I might try again next month once my account hits one year. 

For Capital One, from what I've seen here they are in the process of revamping their credit increase policies. You could also try contacting the executive office; there's more details elsewhere on that one.

Nice job on the BofA! How old was the Macy's card? I've talked to real people there too, unfortunately I always seem to get cranky people.

Amex BCE ($15k), TE ($5k), BoA BBR ($600), Cash Rewards ($600), Barclays Sallie Mae ($6k), CapOne Quicksilver ($4k), Chase Freedom ($5.8k), CSP ($11k), Marriott (9k), IHG (12k), DCU ($6k), Discover IT ($6.5k)
TU - 4 INQ, EX - 7 INQ, EQ - 3 INQ
Gardening since 06/25/14.
Message 21 of 23
mikka1
Frequent Contributor

lorek, separate thanks for this thread again - this time my wife got approved for Delta (we figured that 45k free miles is quite nice, so why not...), so she finally made her way into Amex family by herself Smiley Happy

Interesting to see what "Member since" date will be on her card then (and on my AU card)...

In my wallet now: Amex PRG NPSL, Amex BCE $15k $17k (thanks to recent CLI), Chase Freedom 11k, CSP $6k, Chase United ME $5k, Citi Dividend $5.6k, Discover It $4.5k and a handful of other cards...
TU Dec 2013 - 752Sep 2013 - 764 - new all time maximum

Obsolete data aboveCurrent TU - probably around ~810, only using a few Chase & BofA cards now, not applying for much until we buy a house
Message 22 of 23
Iorek
Contributor

@mikka1 wrote:

lorek, separate thanks for this thread again - this time my wife got approved for Delta (we figured that 45k free miles is quite nice, so why not...), so she finally made her way into Amex family by herself Smiley Happy

Interesting to see what "Member since" date will be on her card then (and on my AU card)...

Awesome, congrats! Thank you for the tips! Looks like we both may be taking nice trips in the future.

Amex BCE ($15k), TE ($5k), BoA BBR ($600), Cash Rewards ($600), Barclays Sallie Mae ($6k), CapOne Quicksilver ($4k), Chase Freedom ($5.8k), CSP ($11k), Marriott (9k), IHG (12k), DCU ($6k), Discover IT ($6.5k)
TU - 4 INQ, EX - 7 INQ, EQ - 3 INQ
Gardening since 06/25/14.
Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.