cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on a Capital One Recon issue...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Advice on a Capital One Recon issue...

I'm applying again over the phone anyways in the hopes that they pull a new one (after telling them that I'm 100% sure my reports have been updated).

Message 31 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

FYI back in April I apped for Amex BCE with a 645 ex score. I was declined. I heard you have to wait 30 days to app again. Well my ex score is now 708 and I checked some Amex thing and they are still holding on to that app for a total of 90 days!😳😳 so now I have to wait until July 25, to try again. I did get a pre approval for venture card, but think I will wait until the 25th and app at the same time.

Point is I was told 30 days, but in reality it was really 90. Hope cap 1 isn't whacked like Amex! Lol
Message 32 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh man, that would suck! Good to keep in mind about AMEX.

So I reapplied for the card over the phone, and it was denied again, and the rep told me it was because of the recent applications that it was only going to pull the report from before. In the end, I'll just have to suck it up and wait the 30 days to reapply. He was very nice about it at least. According to him, there was no way to essentially "force" a new hard pull, because of the previous applications being in the system (a fraud prevention thing and in the majority of situations reducing the amount of HPs is usually a good thing).

Now to put on my "waiting" hat. (it's a bowler).

Thanks everyone for your input and advice! 

Message 33 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

That sucks. Well just garden your cards until next month. It can only help you. 😊 post back when you app again. When are you able to app?
Message 34 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, no harm letting them age a month Smiley Tongue 30 days from the first app would be July 24th, but I should have asked if the 30 days starts from the first or last app in their system. To be safe I could wait until 30 days from today.

And I'll be sure to revive the thread once I reapp Smiley Happy

Message 35 of 36
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@TiggerDat wrote:

Nothing CapOne does surprises me! 

I did a recon for the QS Signature card I applied for two years ago last month.  They didn't need me to reapply, they just simply gave me a card on the recon.

Is the card you are going for the QS1 or the QS card? 

Is your FNBO the Amex version with 1.5% cash back?  I had their other card and got them to change the rewards to the 1.5% version as a means of replacing my QS cards as a matter principal and for everyday use.  (I am merely waiting for my niece to pay it off so I can use it.  I will resever the QS cards for international purchases.)

I wish you the best of luck in all of this.

WOW, they gave you a card after waiting two years to recon?! I dunno if that is awesome or terrifying haha. I applied for the QS, not the QS1. Also, Thanks for the well wishes Smiley Happy 

EDIT: I know this is bad, but I really have no earthly idea which one I applied for. I've forgotten. However, I work 18 hours a day, so that's my excuse. Smiley Tongue It should be in the mail by tomorrow at the latest (reaching the 10 day mark). 

@Anonymous wrote:
What are your scores?

My credit score from their denial letter was 673 from Transunion, but after my recent app spree, and new account openings, it has since sunk to a glorious 662 (which I'll rebuild).

Sorry, maybe I said that wrong, I didn't wait 2 years for the recon, I got the card 2 years ago.  I called to recon the next day.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 36 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.