cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on a Capital One Recon issue...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Advice on a Capital One Recon issue...

Yup it sounds like Amex, using same reports. Call EO and say " I applied a month ago and was denied due to a derogatory mark. I had the mark removed, and reapplied again, but no hp. Can you please pull a new report? You're denying me with an old report." Do this ASAP.
Message 21 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

What are your scores?
Message 22 of 36
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Nothing CapOne does surprises me! 

I did a recon for the QS Signature card I applied for two years ago last month.  They didn't need me to reapply, they just simply gave me a card on the recon.

Is the card you are going for the QS1 or the QS card? 

Is your FNBO the Amex version with 1.5% cash back?  I had their other card and got them to change the rewards to the 1.5% version as a means of replacing my QS cards as a matter principal and for everyday use.  (I am merely waiting for my niece to pay it off so I can use it.  I will resever the QS cards for international purchases.)

I wish you the best of luck in all of this.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 23 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TiggerDat wrote:

Nothing CapOne does surprises me! 

I did a recon for the QS Signature card I applied for two years ago last month.  They didn't need me to reapply, they just simply gave me a card on the recon.

Is the card you are going for the QS1 or the QS card? 

Is your FNBO the Amex version with 1.5% cash back?  I had their other card and got them to change the rewards to the 1.5% version as a means of replacing my QS cards as a matter principal and for everyday use.  (I am merely waiting for my niece to pay it off so I can use it.  I will resever the QS cards for international purchases.)

I wish you the best of luck in all of this.

WOW, they gave you a card after waiting two years to recon?! I dunno if that is awesome or terrifying haha. I applied for the QS, not the QS1. Also, Thanks for the well wishes Smiley Happy 

EDIT: I know this is bad, but I really have no earthly idea which one I applied for. I've forgotten. However, I work 18 hours a day, so that's my excuse. Smiley Tongue It should be in the mail by tomorrow at the latest (reaching the 10 day mark). 

@Anonymous wrote:
What are your scores?

My credit score from their denial letter was 673 from Transunion, but after my recent app spree, and new account openings, it has since sunk to a glorious 662 (which I'll rebuild).

Message 24 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was the 673 the accurate score at the 2nd app?
Message 25 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Yup it sounds like Amex, using same reports. Call EO and say " I applied a month ago and was denied due to a derogatory mark. I had the mark removed, and reapplied again, but no hp. Can you please pull a new report? You're denying me with an old report." Do this ASAP.

Thanks for the advice, I guess it wouldn't hurt to have them pull another. Plus I can explain away some of the recent inquiries if I had to, citing my situation having to remove the mark (maybe, I dunno if that would fly haha). But I will call again in the morning and see what they do. Would it be better to call them and have them pull a new report, or maybe try fresh by applying online again since that will for sure pull a HP anyway?

@Anonymous wrote:
Was the 673 the accurate score at the 2nd app?

Well the second application I requested from the Executive Office never actually went through I've discovered. They cited 673 from Transunion on my original denial letter from the first app. If I were to apply again today, and if they pulled the score from Transunion today, they would now see an updated 662 (I just bought all three reports and three scores, and 662 is what Transunion showed as of late last night).

Message 26 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

My advice is to call and have them pull new reports. Your score may have dropped but the baddie is gone.
Message 27 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
My advice is to call and have them pull new reports. Your score may have dropped but the baddie is gone.

Guess it doesn't hurt to try (twice, lol). I'm surprised their initial decline took under twenty-four hours to be sent to me, whereas the second took ten days. Hopefully they give my newest application the same amount of love and attention! Smiley Happy 

On the phone with them now, apparently the second application was never done, it was just a re-review of my first application. So now they are assisting me with a new hard pull without having to re-fill out an application. Hopefully they get it done in one call, that'd be awesome Smiley Tongue

Message 28 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

They're telling me on the phone that they can't legally pull a new report until I wait the full 30 days... Smiley Sad

Message 29 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ugh!!!
Message 30 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.