Re: Advice on a Card: Need Appliances

Yes, I just did ...

Message 11 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Oyiwaa wrote:

Yes, I just did ...

request a credit line increase to $25,000. I know it might sound a little silly to request from $700 to $25k but you can find posts of this working. you will receive a 7-10 notice.

I would suspect by tomorrow mid morning you can log in and see a new credit line (clearly not the $25k, but you never know what!)

Message 12 of 19
Oyiwaa
Regular Contributor

Thanks - I requested the CLI... and got this message ---

"We received your Credit Limit increase request and have forwarded it to our Credit Department for review. You'll receive a response from us via U.S. mail within 7-10 business days. Thank you for using our website.If you have an email address on file where you receive account information about your credit card, we'll send you an email confirmation.  If not, please update your email preferences so that you'll receive future notifications."

Is this the standard message, expected ?

Message 13 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Oyiwaa wrote:

Thanks - I requested the CLI... and got this message ---

"We received your Credit Limit increase request and have forwarded it to our Credit Department for review. You'll receive a response from us via U.S. mail within 7-10 business days. Thank you for using our website.If you have an email address on file where you receive account information about your credit card, we'll send you an email confirmation.  If not, please update your email preferences so that you'll receive future notifications."

Is this the standard message, expected ?

yes, you should get an email to log in or just check tomorrow Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 19
Oyiwaa
Regular Contributor

<<<<<<Thank you >>>>>

<<<<<<Thank you >>>>>

<<<<<<Thank you >>>>>

<<<<<<Thank you >>>>>

<<<<<<Thank you >>>>>

Even though I have not received the CLI, I am still grateful for your help and encouragment.  I was so down-throdden this evening, until you came around with your suggestion.... you became a blessing in another sense (around the same time I received your encourgament to apply, my daughter also received an email confirming a good financial aid package ...so I am excited ).  $700 credit is something I need now ...

I will update as soon as I get any update about the CLI request ...

Much love .... Oyiwaa

Message 15 of 19
MadTechnologist
Frequent Contributor

@Oyiwaa wrote:

<<<<<<Thank you >>>>>

<<<<<<Thank you >>>>>

<<<<<<Thank you >>>>>

<<<<<<Thank you >>>>>

<<<<<<Thank you >>>>>

Even though I have not received the CLI, I am still grateful for your help and encouragment.  I was so down-throdden this evening, until you came around with your suggestion.... you became a blessing in another sense (around the same time I received your encourgament to apply, my daughter also received an email confirming a good financial aid package ...so I am excited ).  $700 credit is something I need now ...

I will update as soon as I get any update about the CLI request ...

Much love .... Oyiwaa

Yeah, CreditAddict is one of the resident gurus on these forums. Thanks to his help, I was able to get an increase from $2500 to $5000 on my NavChek account. Granted it's an overdraft account that I hope to never need, but without his help I would've never applied since my score is so low and I've had quite a few inquiries as of late. Anywho, I really hope you get the credit limit that you're looking for or need and you can get what you want. I'm also glad to hear that about NewEgg as I'm a tech addict and would love some time to pay off a new computer or something like that. And congrats on the approval, got my fingers crossed for a CLI!

Starting Score: 611 (02/28/2014 EQ MyFico) 608 (Barclays TU 03/28/14)
Current Score: 665 (05/13/16 EQ) 655 (05/13/16 TU) 672 (05/13/16 EX) Gardening since 04/30/2016
Goal Score: 740+ All Around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 16 of 19
Oyiwaa
Regular Contributor

Thanks - they are asking me to call them.  I called and the fellow decided they needed to make another hard pull to reach their decision.  I explained that they had just pulled the report yesterday, but he insisted that they needed to do another one  to reach their decision.  I authorized it, they pulled and came back declined.

Any hopes for reconn later ?

thanks for all the support ...

-- Oy

Message 17 of 19
john398
Senior Contributor

UGH that is bad they did another HP than declined Smiley Sad

Message 18 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Oyiwaa wrote:

Thanks - they are asking me to call them.  I called and the fellow decided they needed to make another hard pull to reach their decision.  I explained that they had just pulled the report yesterday, but he insisted that they needed to do another one  to reach their decision.  I authorized it, they pulled and came back declined.

Any hopes for reconn later ?

thanks for all the support ...

-- Oy

the HP I expected, having you call and then decline didn't expect :/ sorry to hear.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.