Established Contributor
orl2185

Re: Advice on apping

Meltdownblitz wrote:
I was considering apping for BCP. I have currently 4 new accounts in the last 6 months. Only 2 INQ in the last 6 months on EX. And also opened a Amex zync back in June, therefore almost had it for 6 months of perfect payment history and ran a lot of money through it.  No baddies, FICO is around 720. What do you think my chances are of getting approved? Opinions appreciated thanks.

Luckily you don't have any TL's with Barclays, they would have shut you down. Four accounts in 6 months is considered excessive with most creditors, makes it seem like you having financial difficulties and your scores will reflect that activity.

You leaving yourself opened to lots of AA, :smileysurprised:

Starting Score: 621
Current Score: 784
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor
Mekitcat

Meltdownblitz wrote:
I was considering apping for BCP. I have currently 4 new accounts in the last 6 months. Only 2 INQ in the last 6 months on EX. And also opened a Amex zync back in June, therefore almost had it for 6 months of perfect payment history and ran a lot of money through it.  No baddies, FICO is around 720. What do you think my chances are of getting approved? Opinions appreciated thanks.

See my post this may help you decide, I don't know what your overall file looks like but I had a lot of inqs, a lot of new/newer accounts within a 6month period, a short history and only had my Zync for 1 month and I was approved for the BCP with a $6000CL

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Amex-question/td-p/1038106/highlight/false

Good luck if you decide too go for it!

Starting Score:4/5/11 TU 660 fico, EQ 634 fico, EX 647 (Credit Inform)
Current Score:07/04/12 Myfico TU 690 Walmart fico 702, EQ 660 fico 07/05/12, EX fico 689 06/03/2012 (Amex)
Goal Score: 750+

Frequent Contributor
Meltdownblitz

Thanks mekitcat. Really makes me want to app for it now! Haha.

I've had my zync for 6 months in beginning of December, (5 months currently), will waiting till that 6th month have an effect on my chances of approval or probably not?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}