Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on balance transfer cc please!

tag
ysabelle32
Established Member

Advice on balance transfer cc please!

Hi all! 

Need some advice please. The Cap One plat card I got as my credit builder (moved from UK in Sept 12) has arrived at its 12 month mark and therefore interest is being threatened LOL. I'm obviously going to keep the account open, but would like to move over the small $250 balance onto something with no interest. I could pay it off, but I was under the impression it was better to carry a small amount rather than having the balance report as 0 all the time. 

Background: I have an AMEX BCE that I just got the 3x CLI on (YAY!) bringing that to 6K, a PNC secured card with a $250 limit that I never use and a Discover IT card with a $2.3K limit. The Amex has a small amt on it as does the Discover. My util is less than 8% across the board. I have about 7 enquiries on my history since I moved over here last September. My Experian score is 711 and my TU is 709. Unsure about Equifax right now, but back in May it was at 708. 

So, I'd like to find a card that is good for a balance transfer, but would be really useful if there were some decent travel rewards too (I fly back to the UK a couple of times a year). Suggestions/advice welcomed and most appreciated. You guys on here have been total stars with the advice you've given to date. Thanks! Smiley Happy

also, just a quick mention, im going to be looking at financing/leasing a car within the next few months, so trying really hard to do all my research and not get too many hps beforehand!

PNC Secured Visa 10/12 $250, Cap 1 Plat MC 10/12 $2.3K, Discover IT 4/13 $2K, AMEX BCE 5/13 $6K, Chase Freedom 10/13 $3K Chase BA Visa SIgnature $7K

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Advice on balance transfer cc please!

You can just pay it off. It won't make a difference. It's not worthwhile to get a BT card to just transfer 250
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.