Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on calling after app...

tag
Open123
Super Contributor

Advice on calling after app...

I've two friends who applied for Barclay's NFL card (the 40,000 pts for $1,000 spend promo).  

Both already have other Barclay cards, and neither was instantly approved receiving the "pending" review and "you will hear from us within 10 days" ruling.  One, called the following day for recon, and was subsequently approved.  However, this resulted in an additional HP on Ex or Eq.

The second person just waited and was approved on day 6 or 7 with the same terms with no additonal HPs, and the only single pull on TU.

If you think you have a good chance to be approved, it is sometimes better to wait for their review and receive a decision before calling in to recon.  Might save you a hard pull!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Advice on calling after recon...

@Open123 wrote:

I've two friends who applied for Barclay's NFL card (the 40,000 pts for $1,000 spend promo).  

Both already have other Barclay cards, and neither was instantly approved receiving the "pending" review and "you will hear from us within 10 days" ruling.  One, called the following day for recon, and was subsequently approved.  However, this resulted in an additional HP on Ex or Eq.

The second person just waited and was approved on day 6 or 7 with the same terms with no additonal HPs, and the only single pull on TU.

If you think you have a good chance to be approved, it is sometimes better to wait for their review and receive a decision before calling in to recon.  Might save you a hard pull!

Thats interesting!

Most people who are frequent myFICO forum posters don't have it in them to wait, it's right to the BACKDOOR THREAD!!! Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 3
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: Advice on calling after recon...

@LS2982 wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

Thats interesting!

Most people who are frequent myFICO forum posters don't have it in them to wait, it's right to the BACKDOOR THREAD!!! Smiley Very Happy

Yeah, neither do I.  But, the risk is an additional HP!

However, if you think or *know* the app is declined, then I'd call immediately.  However, if there's a good chance you'd be approved on review anyway, then I'd just wait and recon post declination if necessary.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.