Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on handling this HSBC situation, please

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Advice on handling this HSBC situation, please

HSBC Gold Mastercard just arrived ($500 limit) with an AF of $59.  It is 5% cashback (no limit on cash back annually or lifetime).  Figured it out and if I charge all my fees for work on this card instead of my MC debit card (about $1500/yr not including any classes I take) it will pay for itself with the cash back and put about $16 in my pocket just with that stuff.

Awaiting Bestbuy Mastercard Rewards ($300 limit) not sure about AF, not as good on the rewards side.

(1) Should I try to get the BB limit transfered to the HSBC (both are issued by HSBC) and how do I go about it

(2) what are the chances of getting the AF removed (either permanently or for 1-2 years)?

(3) Should I dump either or both by not activating (HSBC has a refund on AF if not used in 90 days) - no info on the back of BB's promo flyer - not having the CL will not kill util for me (I paid off 2 cards this month and will PIF 2 by eom-NOV and a nother by EOM Dec.  Trying to do this 'slowly to show 'higher than min payments' before I start sock drawering them (use 1/qtr is the plan)

(4) If I don't dump the one - should the limit or the AF deferred be my priority to get?

Message Edited by Lady_Scarlet on 09-21-2007 03:49 PM

Message Edited by Lady_Scarlet on 09-21-2007 03:52 PM

Message Edited by Lady_Scarlet on 09-21-2007 03:54 PM

Message Edited by Lady_Scarlet on 09-21-2007 03:54 PM
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Advice on handling this HSBC situation, please

You can try it but not sure if they will do it.  two different claes of cards is what they told me.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.