Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on opening a 3rd acct within 24 hrs

tag
Hillbill
Established Member

Advice on opening a 3rd acct within 24 hrs

Yesterday I opened 2 new accounts because I am going to close 2 Cap 1 cards that have had for a while that have annual fees. (I call every year to get them waved, but it worries me that I will forget in the future.) Both cards small CL 1500 or so.

Accounts I opened yesterday,
1) Barclaycard Ring $10,000cl
2) Citi Simplicity $9,900 cl

So with these new 2 my Other cards are Amex ED9500cl, Boa Cash R 7500cl, Cap One Playstation 10,000cl, Target 3000cl, Discover 9500cl, Merrick Bank 3000cl.

so my question I guses is I don't have a Chase card yet would it hinder/benefit me to apply for one now or wait till the new acct show up on cbr.

Also I have heard funny stories about Barclaycard closing their new accounts on people just cause they are opening new accts within a set period of time.

10° utl/ 745-765 on the credit scores for the 3

Any advice appreciated. Ty

(ohh the reason I'm keeping the Merrick Cc is because it my first no Ann fee card someone trusted me with 10 yes ago when It was a Hooters card. just keep it with me in my wallet to remind me of where I was)
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Advice on opening a 3rd acct within 24 hrs

@Hillbill wrote:
Yesterday I opened 2 new accounts because I am going to close 2 Cap 1 cards that have had for a while that have annual fees. (I call every year to get them waved, but it worries me that I will forget in the future.) Both cards small CL 1500 or so.

Accounts I opened yesterday,
1) Barclaycard Ring $10,000cl
2) Citi Simplicity $9,900 cl

So with these new 2 my Other cards are Amex ED9500cl, Boa Cash R 7500cl, Cap One Playstation 10,000cl, Target 3000cl, Discover 9500cl, Merrick Bank 3000cl.

so my question I guses is I don't have a Chase card yet would it hinder/benefit me to apply for one now or wait till the new acct show up on cbr.

Also I have heard funny stories about Barclaycard closing their new accounts on people just cause they are opening new accts within a set period of time.

10° utl/ 745-765 on the credit scores for the 3

Any advice appreciated. Ty

(ohh the reason I'm keeping the Merrick Cc is because it my first no Ann fee card someone trusted me with 10 yes ago when It was a Hooters card. just keep it with me in my wallet to remind me of where I was)

RE: Chase, it won't make a difference one way or the other. However, I can't see when you applied for each card, and if they're all within the last two years, you're going to be rejected out of hand by Chase (search for the 5/24 rule).

Those companies that take action against people for too many recent accounts are usually because the person does 10+ accounts in a very short period of time (more like 20+). 2-3 isn't going to throw up any red flags. 

Message 2 of 15
Hillbill
Established Member

Sorry I forgot to put that info down.
Playstation 11/16
Amex 3/15
everything else prior to 2013

Message 3 of 15
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Go for it if under 5/24. What Chase card are you interested in? The Amazon prime looks to be a hot one that doesn't fall under the rule , that's if you use Amazon like that. Shoot..I'd grab two on the same pull and call it a day. In twelve months the inquiry won't count against you anyway. And the accounts will have aged nicely.
Message 4 of 15
Hillbill
Established Member

Ya I'm very into Amazon. Could u explain how I could get 2 on the same pull? I asked CitI rep yesterday if I could apply for their Double Cash offer I received as well, he said basically 1 call 1 card.
Message 5 of 15
Hillbill
Established Member

just visited Chase prequal page gave me 3
csp
freedom
slate.

none of them really suit me. freedom acts just like my discover and the slate looks good only for balance transfers.
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Hillbill wrote:
just visited Chase prequal page gave me 3
csp
freedom
slate.

none of them really suit me. freedom acts just like my discover and the slate looks good only for balance transfers.

The Chase prequal is pretty reliable.  To me what you got reads as Chase likes you for a card and not necessarily the ones they recommended.  Once you're like me and you're hitting a wall with them the prequal site will tell you that you've already applied for a card or have opted out (and that's what it's been saying for like 18 months for me).  It's not gospel that you're in, but I'd say the chances are high to pull for one of whichever card you want.

PS:  Oh wait, I forgot this is your 3rd card in 24 hours.  The prequal is off a softpull which occurred before your most recent approvals.  There's a degredation in chances because once they hard pull you and see the most recent activity they might night like it...and it all goes into the context of your overall file.

Message 7 of 15
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Check out all of the cobranded Chase cards. You have a bunch to choose from.

What I mean is, you app for the one you want most first. Have another window pulled up for your second card with them. Hit them again! Many of us have double apped Chase. Your chances of approval are very good IMHO. Sometimes the first is instant and the second will be a 30 day notice. After verification, you get the second.

The second time I did a double app with Chase. Both cards were instant approvals. I received 4 cards on two hard pulls in a span of 90 days.
Message 8 of 15
Hillbill
Established Member

Haha!! have 2 windows pulled up that's pretty sneaky right there. ok I'm Not the quickest guy so how many seconds do I have do u figure to accomplish this task?
Message 9 of 15
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Some have reported only receiving one HP with the apps being a week apart. To be safe ..I'd atleast do it the same day. Lol

So you don't have to worry about whether it's a few minutes or seconds apart. You may have to clear your browser history for the 2nd one. Or use a totally different browser. Chrome and Mozilla Firefox for example.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.