Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on which Amex card to request CLI on

tag
Cstl05
Contributor

Advice on which Amex card to request CLI on

My 181 days is coming up soon, and originally I only had one Amex card (Blue Cash) which has a limit of 40K.  Since then I've acquired the Delta Platinum 10k SL, SPG 5k SL, and Everyday Preffered SL 5k.  I use my EDP most for the MR's, and originally was going to request a 3X for that card, however I read somewhere here on the forums that it is more wise to request a CLI on a higher limit card.  So, to minimize risk, should I be applying for a CLI on my Delta card and relocating the limits later?  Since my last CLI, my FICO has increased about 30pts.  I do not plan on requesting an increase on my Blue Cash any further.  

Thank you in advance.

Chase Sapphire Reserve/Chase Sapphire Preferred/Ritz Carlton/Chase Freedom/Amex Blue Cash/Discover IT/Capital One Quicksilver/Bank of America Cash Rewards/Citi Costco/Citi Double Cash/Barclay Apple Rewards
1 REPLY 1
trant3
Established Contributor

Re: Advice on which Amex card to request CLI on

Yes, go for CLI on the Delta Plat, that way if approved you'll have $30k ,then you can reallocate to the others if needed. A CLI with the other two will not allow that option. 

FNBO $15k, Aspiration Zero $11k, Affinity FCU $10k, Sofi $15k, Venmo Visa $2.7k, Apple $7k, Citi Custom Cash $14k, Citi Double Cash $15k, Citizens Bank Cash Plus $8k, Chase Amazon $3k, Chase Flex $13.6k, Chase IHG $16k, Amex BCP $9.5k, Amex Hilton $10k, Chase Freedom $26.5k, NFCU Plat $46k, NFCU Cash $33k, Discover IT $29k, Discover Miles $12k, BECU Visa $14k, Wells Fargo Active $6.3k, PenFed Promise $15k, PenFed Gold $20k
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.