Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on which to close

tag
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Re: Advice on which to close

Nice job!  Seems like this will work out best for you since you travel.  Nice merge with the Chase cards - wasn't sure if they'd do that or not.

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 21 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RyGuy4690 wrote:

Guys- Thanks for all the great information.

I am going to keep the Discover open as a lot of you guys had mentioned. 

Chase rolled the Slate CL into the Sapphire so now I have a saph with a 10K CL    

Bank of America allowed me to merge the cards, as you guys had said the PW is a better rewards program so now I have the one BOA card that is the PW with a 5K CL   

I am keeping the AMEX cards the way they are. 

The store cards are just going to stay open. 

Good choice!
Congratulations!    Keeping the older acct.

Very Good!   keeping the older acct also.

We are so glad to hear success story like this ~

Message 22 of 27
RyGuy4690
Established Member

Exactly. The travel benefits outweigh that plat AF. I may even be able to get a little bit of money shaven off that when it comes up in the fall/early winter. I believe its around Nov/Dec.

It made sense about the merge with the Chase cards as well. The only thing is that because the Saph. is a visa signature, will that hurt me because it will not report an actual CL?

EQ 727/TU 724/EX 716 myFICO 4/3/2016

Amex PRG NPSL/BoFA Cash Rewards Visa Signature 21k/Capital One Quicksilver VS 21k/Chase Sapphire 20k/Amex Gold Delta 12.3k/Discover It 11.9k/Citi ThankYou Preferred WMC 10.1k/American Airlines Silver WEMC 10k/Best Buy store card 10k/Macy's store card 10k/JCP store card 10k/Chase Marriott Premier VS 6.5k
Message 23 of 27
RyGuy4690
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:

@RyGuy4690 wrote:

Bank of America allowed me to merge the cards, as you guys had said the PW is a better rewards program so now I have the one BOA card that is the PW with a 5K CL   

Good choice!

I think we may be a little bit not on the same page. They had to close the old BOA card. Being that my CL is now 5K, shouldnt that new Visa be a signature card now?

Amex PRG NPSL/BoFA Cash Rewards Visa Signature 21k/Capital One Quicksilver VS 21k/Chase Sapphire 20k/Amex Gold Delta 12.3k/Discover It 11.9k/Citi ThankYou Preferred WMC 10.1k/American Airlines Silver WEMC 10k/Best Buy store card 10k/Macy's store card 10k/JCP store card 10k/Chase Marriott Premier VS 6.5k
Message 24 of 27
smc733
Valued Contributor

It only becomes a Visa Signature on request.  They don't automatically convert.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 25 of 27
RyGuy4690
Established Member

@smc733 wrote:

It only becomes a Visa Signature on request.  They don't automatically convert.

What would be your suggestion on that?

Message 26 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RyGuy4690 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@RyGuy4690 wrote:

Good choice!

I think we may be a little bit not on the same page. They had to close the old BOA card. Being that my CL is now 5K, shouldnt that new Visa be a signature card now?

This is how I understood ...

@RyGuy4690 wrote:

I would like to share my portfolio of cards currently:

Chase Slate- 5,000 CL- opened 1/11

Chase Sapphire- 5,000 CL- opened -8/10

Bank of America Power Rewards Platinum- $2,500 CL- opened on 02/11

Bank of America Platinum WorldPoints- $2,500 CL-opened 04/08 

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.