cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice plz!! Chase Freedom !! (and some questions about score reports)

tag
floridableu

Advice plz!! Chase Freedom !! (and some questions about score reports)

Hi, all. Smiley Happy

This is my very first post here. I'm new here and just starting to learn how to garden

And it would be great if you guys could give me  some ideas on

1) my chance of getting approved for Freedom

2) max CL I could get appvd/ask for. (I've never asked for CLI before, and I think it's about time to ask..)   

3) I see some Inquires on my TransUnion report 1 "Regular Inquiry" (by BOA), 1 "Promotional Inquiry" (by AMEX), 3 "Account Review Inquiries". (by BOA and FIA CSNA) 

Are these all what's called Hard Pull?? If they are, are they harmful to my credit? Smiley Sad

From checking my scores through each of the bureau,

-TransUnion: 761, Grade: C (I don't know what that means)

-Equifax: 749

-Experian: for some reason score is not available ( I'm suspecting that BOA hasn't been reporting to Experian??!!)

Currently I have 2 revolving accounts with BOA (AOA: 2yrs) and I have no baddies.

1) Boa Visa Platinum ($1000, since May 2008)   2) Bank of americard Travel Reward ($1000, since Sep 2012) 

*my visa plat started as secured card and unsecured 3yrs ago. *I didn't get instant approval for Travel Reward card, after analyst's manual review I was apprvd.

Thanks for reading my post Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Advice plz!! Chase Freedom !! (and some questions about score reports)

You can no longer purchase your EX fico. Experian blocled consumer access.

Did you get the scores from here (myfico.com)?

1) you could probably be approved for a freedom if those scores are accurate.
2) ask for what you feel you deserve. Income matters when asling for a CLI.
3) "regular" inquiries are HPs. There is usually seperate sections for inqs on your reports, and one will say something else (<different type> inquiries) followed by "only you can see this inquiries. " those are SPs. I can't for the life of me remember how they refer to soft inquiries in a report.

Hard inquiries stay on your report for 2 years, and only affect your score for the first 12 months. Soft inquiries dont affect you at all. The first inq you mentioned is most likely a hard, the other ones are probably softs.

Hope this helps.
Message 2 of 10
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

I would call upon your oldest account with BofA and cli before you app for freedom.  Then app 4 freedom to help you get more than 1k CL.  Most likely Chase will accept you with those cards.  If you get Freedom before cli they will start you out at 1k limit.  is your TU score from here? Chase pulls EQ and EX.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 3 of 10
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

What is your uti right now? make sure your uti is below 9% b4 doing anything. 

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 4 of 10
floridableu

Thank you all for replying : )

EQ score is from this website. FICO. But TU score I have posted is from their website.

I just checked my uti... and it's 40%..so I guess I should first lower my uti, and then wait a bit to apply for freedom.

+ I'll make sure to ask for cli before submitting app for Freedom! Smiley Happy

BTW I notice they also have something called "high balance: $873" on my report.  I'm guessing it's the highest blance I have had so far.  Does anyone know why they keep such info? Does it count for anything?

Message 5 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@floridableu wrote:

Hi, all. Smiley Happy

This is my very first post here. I'm new here and just starting to learn how to garden

And it would be great if you guys could give me  some ideas on

1) my chance of getting approved for Freedom I think you have a shot at it, go for it!!

2) max CL I could get appvd/ask for. (I've never asked for CLI before, and I think it's about time to ask..)   Probably 1.5-2K max. YMMV.

3) I see some Inquires on my TransUnion report 1 "Regular Inquiry" (by BOA), 1 "Promotional Inquiry" (by AMEX), 3 "Account Review Inquiries". (by BOA and FIA CSNA) 

Are these all what's called Hard Pull?? If they are, are they harmful to my credit? Smiley Sad The INQ from BoA is a HP. The other 2 are whats called Soft Pulls. Only viewable by you and not effecting your score at all.

From checking my scores through each of the bureau,

-TransUnion: 761, Grade: C (I don't know what that means)

-Equifax: 749

-Experian: for some reason score is not available ( I'm suspecting that BOA hasn't been reporting to Experian??!!)

Currently I have 2 revolving accounts with BOA (AOA: 2yrs) and I have no baddies.

1) Boa Visa Platinum ($1000, since May 2008)   2) Bank of americard Travel Reward ($1000, since Sep 2012) 

*my visa plat started as secured card and unsecured 3yrs ago. *I didn't get instant approval for Travel Reward card, after analyst's manual review I was apprvd.

Thanks for reading my post Smiley Very Happy

Welcome to the forums!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 10
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

You only have one Hard Pull on your Transunion report based on what you posted.  The Promotional and Account Review inquiries appear to be soft.

I have no experience with BofA or Chase yet, so unfortunately I can't chime in on that.  Good luck though!  As mentioned, your scores are definitely above average and you have some good revolving account history.  Both things should count in your benefit with whichever lender you decide to apply for.

As far as the high balance, I like to think that a high balance shows creditors you have used your card and have been able to pay your debts.  I like to think of that as a positive.  However, many others would disagree, but as far as you are concerned it shouldn't be anything to worry about.  Your high balance is within your credit limit, which is probably the most important thing.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 7 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@floridableu wrote:

Thank you all for replying : )

EQ score is from this website. FICO. But TU score I have posted is from their website.

I just checked my uti... and it's 40%..so I guess I should first lower my uti, and then wait a bit to apply for freedom.

+ I'll make sure to ask for cli before submitting app for Freedom! Smiley Happy

BTW I notice they also have something called "high balance: $873" on my report.  I'm guessing it's the highest blance I have had so far.  Does anyone know why they keep such info? Does it count for anything? It gives other creditoers insight on how your using your other accounts when you apply for nerw credit.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 10
floridableu

I don't know what happened but, I got automatic cli from BOA Smiley Happy  

And I decided to wait for a bit to get more cli with BOA and app for Freedom with better chance of getting good cl. 

Thank you for all your answers Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 10
rtw
Established Contributor

Congrats on the auto CLI. Keep us posted.

Starting Score: EX: 575 (PSECU 5/2/12) TU: 582 (3/6/12) EQ: 664 (4/27/12)
Current Score: EX: 699 (PSECU 06/04/14) 702 (my FICO 08/05/14) TU: 699 (08/01/14) EQ: 675 (07/08/14)
Goal Score: 720
20K PSECU 7/12 | 12K USAA 9/12 | 11K BOA 1-2-3 9/12 | 9K Citi HHonors 9/12 | 8.5K Citi AAdvantage 5/08 | 5K Chase Sapphire Pref. 9/12 | 3.8K Barclays USAir 7/12 | 6K Walmart Dis. 11/12 | 1K Amex SPG 11/12 | 2K Amex BCP 1/13
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.