Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice required.. How's my profile?

tag
RandomCreditDude
Established Member

Re: Advice required.. How's my profile?

I'm leaning Beemer Smiley Happy But yeah, no hurry, this is all research for my eventual purchase later this year or even in mid '14

Message 11 of 18
Jamisonke
New Contributor

BMW pulls all three reports and only one needs to be above 700 for the best financing.
--------------------------------
Current FICO scores: EQ 762, EX 761, TU 773
Message 12 of 18
RandomCreditDude
Established Member

Ah, that's good to know.. I'm pretty sure I'll have my score above 700 by the time I apply.

Message 13 of 18
eviLution
Established Contributor

@RandomCreditDude wrote:

Hmm is joining DCU as easy as filling out the online application? No hard pulls or anything right? Obviously I'm not applying for credit, just want to open the savings account and toss in a few hundred there. 

If yes, then I'll go right ahead! Thanks for the great idea.

Sorry, it's a hard pull on EQ. 

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Message 14 of 18
RandomCreditDude
Established Member

Ah, therein lies the rub, eh.. Well, thanks for letting me know, anyway. Always good to know more.

Message 15 of 18
RandomCreditDude
Established Member

@eviLution wrote:

@RandomCreditDude wrote:

Hmm is joining DCU as easy as filling out the online application? No hard pulls or anything right? Obviously I'm not applying for credit, just want to open the savings account and toss in a few hundred there. 

If yes, then I'll go right ahead! Thanks for the great idea.

Sorry, it's a hard pull on EQ. 

Ah, therein lies the rub, eh.. Well, thanks for letting me know, anyway. Always good to know more.

Message 16 of 18
eviLution
Established Contributor

Yeah, most credit unions HP for membership and it's usually on EQ.

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Message 17 of 18
kwinks
Regular Contributor

iHello I was in the same boat as you when I leased my audi  about 7 months ago.  I had 1 credit card with a 200 dollar limit that had been open for about a year, and a 6 month old chase freedom card. I also had a 6000 car loan that I paid off in full after 1 Year. I was also only 19 years old so it was a really tough deal. I think you will do fine, just be prepared to not get your car right away. The financial managers with most likely have to pull a few strings and make a deal with the bank so be prepared to be sent home and have to wait a few day. I also applied for BMW and Mercedes. BMW got me approved but I decided I didn't want the car Anymore. I had a score of 715 and they said that the only issue was my lack of history but they approved me in the end. Mercedes however is tougher to get approved through. They require way more money to be put down if you are even a little bit of a financial risk in their eyes. 

You'll definitely get approved for BMW, with great rates. Smiley Happy

just do your research before hand thoug, because the delearships like to make up any story about why you should be paying more. They'll say that since your credit is so new you have to do this or that. What I did was ask right off the bat what score is needed for there best rates. I did this even before deciding on a car, so then they couldn't feed me. A false statement later. 

Sorry this is so winded.  Good luck!

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.