03-29-2013 01:00 PM
As you guys have known for the last few months my credit goals have included getting the Chase Freedom and the Amex BCE and some other cards. My question is, should I apply now, or should I resist my temptation and wait it until June, or just go ahead and apply in the upcoming month.
These are the cards I want to try for but I don't know if I would get approved 1. American Express Blue Cash Everyday, 2. Chase Freedom, 3. Chevron Gas card 4. Southwest card (I have heard of people getting approved for lower limits like 2-3k here on the forums but I doubt I would get approved for it. )
5. I am planning to open an IRA soon, and maybe with either Fidelity or T.Rowe Price, If I open with Fidelity, could I possibly go for their card?
6. If I do not get approved for the BCE, I plan to apply for the Delta Gold since I have heard it is the easiest of revolvers to be approved for. The question is, do I qualify for any of the cards I mentioned or at least have a chance at going for them?
I have a total of 3 inquires on EX (Amex, Chase, Citi) 2 on EQ (Amex and AT&T) and 2 on TU (Amex and Discover) and yes Amex did triple pull me.
My EQ as of today is: 723 and my TU scores as of today is: 724. I'm not sure of my Average Age of my accounts, but my BOFA card is my oldest card at 11 months (will be a year on the 25th of next month). I also have no baddies, no PR's, everything's clean. I did try for the Chase Freedom back in November but they told me I did not have accounts open long enough to establish a credit history and I was denied. My Citi and Discover cards were opened in October of last year, while my PRG was opened last November. Credit Seasme also has me at 715. (Fako).
I am a student with about 12,000 income and I have a total of 4 cards all listed in my signature. I want to go for a travel card or a different type of card, but I think It would be doubtful that I would be approved due to my income. I still live at home and all that, but I pay for my tuition, books, gas, phone, and other things that I can pay for, but I am just trying to gauage my chances and see where I would stand. I am also planning to close my PRG before the annual fee hits in November (basically I applied for it becuase I wanted to get my foot in the door with them.)
So that leaves me the key question, what should I do? Should I apply, wait, or just take my chances and see what happens?
Thank you again,
03-29-2013 01:09 PM
03-29-2013 02:20 PM
03-30-2013 09:58 AM
03-30-2013 10:08 AM
Ls- Id rather just get all my Apping done in the next few months or so and then garden...lol. I did hear the rule of thumb is to wait for six months and then apply again. do you think my chances are good if I apply or is it looking kind of doubtful?
Yea we know what want, but do you want the best advice or only what you want to hear? You asked for advice and LS told you...LOL!!
The best thing you can do is wait to increase your odds of getting exactly what you want. We all understand that app temptation, but let it alone for now and just wait.
Trust me, I've been there staring at the submit button for what seemed like eternity contemplating the anticipation of an approval. But its best to keep in mind your ultimate goal and you have defined it, right? So hold on and sit tight.
03-30-2013 06:43 PM
MovingForward-I want to keep myself in the garden, but I would rather want to know and not agonize of going through with it or not. Did you have any baddies or anything like that, that affected your chances of becoming approved for a Chase card? I think you are right it is best to wait, I think maybe until June.
Rhaeny-LOL! It is a tempation because everytime I come back to the forums I see people getting approved for all these cards, and I think to myself I should go for it too, but then again I'd rather keep it clean and apply when it's right, but it really is tempting instead of waiting it out. I do have it defined, but I'd rather not agaonize and to me it is best to know now, rather then not go through with it at all. If it increases of my chances of getting approved in June, then I'm all for waiting it out, but I'd rather not get denied even though everything is clean and I have not opened any accounts in the last 6 months or so. I can be rather impatient..lol....but if it helps me get to my goal cards then I'll gladly wait it out, but if my chances are the same now, then I'd rather apply now and stop the itch..lol.
03-30-2013 06:49 PM
Are you an AU on a parent's card? What is your oldest reporting tradeline? The 11 month card? Anything that ups your AAoA above a year?
03-30-2013 07:05 PM
03-30-2013 07:05 PM - edited 03-30-2013 07:08 PM
Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more
FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.