cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice whether to get a Blispay or not.....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Advice whether to get a Blispay or not.....

Hi guys, just wondering if I can get some advice here. I have a mileage card which accumulates 1 mile every $2 spent. Only have it because there’s no annual fee and my CL is 12k. I was wondering would it be better to get a CC like Blispay as my daily? I spend about 700$ on avg per month, with transaction less than 100. So technically I don’t really benefit from the 6 month installment plan. I signed up for mileage card only to find out I don’t really travel a lot, and I think I would benefit from 2% cash back more than accumulating miles. What do you guys think? 

Some might think this is an obvious question, but I actually like to keep cards at minimum. I don't like having multiple cards and if its just better to keep my mileage card over this, then I don't want to bother getting another card for the sake of another CC.

thanks for listening!

Message 1 of 60
59 REPLIES 59
thummel
Established Contributor

Re: Advice whether to get a Blispay or not.....

If you want cash back there's a few choices out there. Citi double cash is 2% but can only be redeemed at 25$. Blispay is 2% but is automatically applied when the statement hits. The capital one quicksilver is only 1.5 percent but can be redeemed at any amount. There's also the freedom and of course discover too. I would look at those first and see what works for you the best.
Message 2 of 60
thummel
Established Contributor

There's also cards that can give you more on certain categories too but that depends on what kind of spending you do like dinning or grocery shopping or even entertainment.
Message 3 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

Honestly i hate the rotation idea, because it forces me to spend one particular thing on certain month. that said my spending categories are all over the place from gas to groceries to even $2 purchases at convenient  store on a monthly basis.  I'm pretty much leaning towards blispay only cuz it applies 2% automatically. That way i don't have to be bothered by going online and checking how points i can apply to my bill. Just thought that if I'm gonna use my credit card anyway might as well save some money with my credit card. 

Message 4 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

that is a total rip off. $2/1mile. You can get way better cards than that. If you enroll in rewardsnetwork, you can also gain miles. In 2 Months, I have gained 20k miles from the rewards network, not including my MR from Amex or other cards like Venture. different ones' for different airlines. I am with Delta

With low spend, you can still gain miles on a cashback card from the network I explained above. I suggest looking into Discover if you like playing the catagories and the first year is double cash back, making something's 10% and 2%. Citi seems nice but from what I see so far, Capital one quicksilver is the best. Immediate rewards and you do not have to wait 1 or 2 months for your cash back to post. It is immediate. I would suggest that. Also, Samsclub and Costco is another option but only can be redeemed once a year. Amex BCE or BCP is good but is only statement credit. I never tried chase before but I would take their Freedom card over Discover, if partnered with the chase saphire preferred.

Go with Quicksilver from capital one. If your score isn't super nice, take the platinum and upgrade the next month to quicksilver. That is the best I can recommend. Your spending might not hit certain catagories as some cash back cards have or it might be all over the place. 1.5% for everything and instant is what I like about it, 0% intro apr promo on purchases. You can redeem it for statement credit or have them send you a check. 

As for Blispay, it is new and I do not have experience with them. I just don't like statement credit. Personally, I want to be able to receive a check. Also, 690+ Experian score to be approved. I even heard some being denied. I would not chance Blispay myself unless my score was 760s on Experian. I am not looking for 1k-3k limits with what I have seen in the lower Experian approvals because they do not do CLI at this time. New company. I would store this under my matress or in the sock drawer for when I need to finance a big purchase. Probably use it once every 6 months, realistically, for me.

Message 5 of 60
GalaxyStars
Regular Contributor

I'm currently going through a phase at which I try to limit inquiries as much as possible, so that means making smart apping choices.

So I'd ask whats your EXP credit score? I was approved for Blispay with a 710, thin to medium file.

It's true you can get other 2% cards such as fidelity or Citi Double Cash, but in my opinion those can be harder or just as hard to get.

There are other 2% cards that offer interest free, only with a set time limit, normally 12-21 months.
It is a statement credit for Blis pay, I personally perfer a Bank deposit, Check.
Message 6 of 60
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Yes, Blispay is a great choice.

You may want to look over the cash back charts in this thread as well:  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Cash-Back-credit-card-charts/td-p/4004725

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 7 of 60
Blodreina
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Honestly i hate the rotation idea, because it forces me to spend one particular thing on certain month. that said my spending categories are all over the place from gas to groceries to even $2 purchases at convenient  store on a monthly basis.  I'm pretty much leaning towards blispay only cuz it applies 2% automatically. That way i don't have to be bothered by going online and checking how points i can apply to my bill. Just thought that if I'm gonna use my credit card anyway might as well save some money with my credit card. 

Blispay sounds like a good fit for you.  Automatic statement credits.  Doesn't get any easier.

Message 8 of 60
GalaxyStars
Regular Contributor

Basically if one is not interested in categories, it gets no better than BlisPay, 2% cash back on EVERYTHING.
Could easily be your main spend card.

If you feel you meet the credit requirements I would go for it.
Message 9 of 60
Gmood1
Super Contributor

I'll find out tomorrow if a coworker will be approved for Blispay. Her EX is a 596. She didn't get the instant denial while applying yesterday.
They sent her an email to call in. From reading the forum she just might be approved.

The Blispay is my general everything card! If they gave me a $20k limit on this thing. I'd probably close more of my other cards!
Message 10 of 60
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.