cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice whether to get a Blispay or not.....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Advice whether to get a Blispay or not.....

I have been seriously considering blispay as my next card. Currently I'm getting 2% on my discover due to the double cash back promo...so I will wait till that's up. I have always used my cash back as statement credit so no prob there. Honestly sounds like a good generally spend card and the 0% for 6mo is what sets it apart. I say if it fits your lifestyle go for it.
Message 11 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

It has been mentioned in a couple threads that Blispay might be a hidden TL or only report to one bureau, though they are just rumors at the moment.

The hidden TL aspect might be a reason to get it for some, or a reason to avoid it for others.

Sources:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Got-my-first-Blispay-statement-CASH-BACK/m-p/4584345#M1...

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Blispay-Q-amp-A/m-p/4586437#M1326628

Message 12 of 60
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I really wouldn't count on it being a hidden TL. Just like I wouldn't count on getting two Amex with one pull. If it happens consider yourself lucky.
Message 13 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got two Amex with one pull. PRG/EDP apped 5 hours apart. I also heard if you are already an Amex customer, they wont make new app a HP unless you are approved.

Message 14 of 60
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

Yes, BlisPay sounds like the perfect choice for someone like yourself who wants to keep things simple.  I really don't see any advantage to Double Cash over BlisPay and there's certainly no advantage to any Crap 1 products. 

BlisPay fits...  Go for it!

Message 15 of 60
core
Valued Contributor

@wacdenney wrote:

I really don't see any advantage to Double Cash over BlisPay and there's certainly no advantage to any Crap 1 products.

Does Blispay allow you to pay your balance with a debit card?  That would be one advantage the Citi has.  And maybe financial stability... someone who likes to keep things simple might not want to go looking for a different credit card next year when this whole thing goes Tango Uniform.

Message 16 of 60
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@wacdenney wrote:

Yes, BlisPay sounds like the perfect choice for someone like yourself who wants to keep things simple.  I really don't see any advantage to Double Cash over BlisPay and there's certainly no advantage to any Crap 1 products. 

BlisPay fits...  Go for it!

Double Cash allows much more redemption flexibility. You can get a direct deposit, gift cards, etc. For some people, doesn't matter, but more choices are never a bad thing.

Also, people need to keep in mind signup bonuses. Yes, 2% on all of your purchases is great, but if you can get a card with less overall CB but a $150 or $200 bonus, that will outperform a DC or Blispay for many thousands of dollars in spend (which could be a year of spending for some people!). So for the hard pull and AAOA ding, you may consider a card with a bonus instead.

Message 17 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

@core
Don't know about Blispay but can't you pay any card off with a debit card? Isn't it just the same as an E-payment.
Message 18 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm still a fan of an original freedom for those reasons: the signup bonus, and the overlap of 5% categories when you buy yourself extra giftcards is substantial. An ultimate with a sign on bonus is counting pennies when its 1.5% v 2%.

I still want the Blispay for the sixth month game. Since I cannot get a Home Depot card It would be a great choice for the home projects.
Message 19 of 60
galahad15
Valued Contributor

I would highly-recommend Blispay, have had a very good experience with them so far & the instant 2% cashback on all purchases, and the unique feature of 6-month 0% promos on purchases of $199+ are wonderful card benefits in mho.

Message 20 of 60
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.