Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice with my next step to build credit

tag
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: Advice with my next step to build credit

I think amex would like a minimum 1 year of history unless your assets and income are very high.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 11 of 13
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

Fill in both applications and submit first the charge one,

if instantly approved with NPSL, switch to the other tab and submit the revolver one.

if it's not approved, don't submit the revolver application.

You should have no trouble getting the charge one.

after that, if you get denied for the revolver, it will only be 1 HP.

and If you get approved for both, it will be 1 HP also.

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 12 of 13
sjt
Senior Contributor

I think your off to a good start. I do think you should increase your Wells secured. If you can do $5K I would do it.

December would be a good time to apply for an Amex. charge. Id go for the Gold Rewards.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.