Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice!!!

tag
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Re: Advice!!!

@kwinks wrote:

Nope no negatives or anything bad on history...

congrats on the two cards. I'm so afraid of rejection lol but I'll probably apply for both tomorrow. I'm thinking bofa cli then Amex then csp....

fingers crossed

Good Luck!  Remember on BofA, supposedly there is a hard pull for a CLI now, so maybe you want to make that the last attempt.  If you get denied for the new cards it doesn't hurt to recon them.  I just reconned Chase and Discover on the same day and got them both.  They did have small limits, but for me and my score I am just happy to have these cards and will prove myself to them as I go!  I just realized the only card I could want in the near future is a PNC card for overdraft protection, but not that important either.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 11 of 18
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

Thoms point about the CSP is generally commonly held, though admittedly it's a YMMV with regards to CSP; this is especially true if you have a relationship with Chase already.

I'd ask two questions, first, if you don't mind sharing, what is your income?  Chase appears to have something of a sliding scale for CSP approvals anecdotally, and secondly how long have your other cards been open for?  

I don't think you'll have a problem obtaining the Amex, and neglecting the CSP for the moment, I'd go Amex -> Chase CLI -> BOFA CLI personally.  

CSP, not sure as approvals there have been somewhat all over the map but Amex certainly appears to absolutely be easier to obtain currently; however, I think it'd be Amex -> CSP -> BOFA CLI.  I'd recommend throwing out the Freedom CLI for the time being if you are trying for the CSP.  I'd go this route as personally I'd get the likely approval done and out of the way first, let the CSP fall where it may, and expect the BOFA CLI to land on TU anyway which unless you live in the Midwest, is very unlikely to be hit by either Amex or Chase for the majority of people.

Hopefully others with more personal experience in CSP underwriting will chime in, and perhaps also with Amex/Chase combined apps.  I was close to instantly approved for a BCP, but my Freedom app is still pending Smiley Happy.

+1 what he said !   Great advice !

Also, the BofA will most likely be a HP.  When I did my BofA CLI, it was a HP to TU.  Fortunately, I had only 2 INQ on TU and they are about to fall off. 

Message 12 of 18
kwinks
Regular Contributor

Instant Decision Approved

Congratulations! You've been approved for the CHASE SAPPHIRE credit card.

You will receive your new CHASE SAPPHIRE credit card along with your Cardmember Agreement within 7 to 10 business days.

If your application included balance transfer requests, those requests are still under review and you will hear back from us about them within the next 10 business days.

You can help us serve you even better by answering two questions on our chase survey

Thank you for applying!

ummm heck yes!

got instant approval for both American Express bcp and Csp. I'm in heaven right now. Smiley Happy and I'm on the phone with bofa for cli. Fingers crossed!

Message 13 of 18
flashevo
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the card approvals. How did the cli go for boa?
NFCU Flagship Sig (24.5k); NFCU CashRewards (24.5k); NFCU NavCheck (15k); Chase Sapphire Preferred (15k) ;Chase Marriott Rewards (14k);US Bank Flex Perks (9k); Barclays Rewards (8k); Chase Freedom (14k); BOA Travel Rewards Sig (20k); BOA Privileges with Cash Rewards Sig (9k); Discover IT (6.5k); Walmart Discover (3k); Wells Fargo Platinum (9.5k); Wells Fargo LOC (10k); Bloomingdales Amex (5k); Macy's Amex (5k); Paypal Extras Mastercard (6k); Bananna Republic Visa (5.5k); Lowes (6k); Sams Club Discover (5k)....In the garden since 8/15/13

Message 14 of 18
sccredit
Valued Contributor

@kwinks wrote:

Instant Decision Approved

Congratulations! You've been approved for the CHASE SAPPHIRE credit card.

You will receive your new CHASE SAPPHIRE credit card along with your Cardmember Agreement within 7 to 10 business days.

If your application included balance transfer requests, those requests are still under review and you will hear back from us about them within the next 10 business days.

You can help us serve you even better by answering two questions on our chase survey

Thank you for applying!

ummm heck yes!

got instant approval for both American Express bcp and Csp. I'm in heaven right now. Smiley Happy and I'm on the phone with bofa for cli. Fingers crossed!

Did you get Sapphire or Sapphire Preferred? 

Message 15 of 18
kwinks
Regular Contributor

I got the sapphire preferred. I noticed on the approval that it only said sapphire, so I called to check and get my cl and they said that it was the sapphire preferred. 

I got my Bank of America cli! So happy. I was worried because I asked for 6 times more, but they gave it to me without having to really fight for it. Yay!

Message 16 of 18
BellaBuckie
Established Member

Congrats ..i'm very happy for you

Staying in the garden.. at least till Dec 2013 ?
EQ/myfico/689,
TU/CK 687,Walmart 712
EX/CS 739
Message 17 of 18
kwinks
Regular Contributor

Thanks soo much! I am super happy, now I just need to figure out how to get the cards expedited. Smiley Very Happy

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.