Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advise/feedback for bill me later

tag
stefnian0426
Regular Contributor

Advise/feedback for bill me later

I am looking for some feedback for bill me later card.

I frequently get the pop up for it asking for my name/last 4 digits of social.

I currently have 4 credit cards- all from comenity. all paid on time or in full.

I know i would use it often for those bigger purchases.

I have fair credit (643, 619- not sure about ex)

A few people say put a larger purchase first when applying at checkout to get a bigger amount? not sure about the truth to that.

I know it is a hard pull and they do not report to the CB's.

If you have it... do you like it? use often? do they offer deals/rewards of any kind? starting limit with score? how ofter CLI? and anything else you can think of would be great.

Although i only have 2 HP's on my report (1 from last year, 1 from 2014) i dont want to waste one.

Thank you in advance

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Advise/feedback for bill me later

I LOVE MINE and was SHOCKED when they approved me.

I don't think your first purchase really matters all that much since they will move the CL if you go to try to purchase over your current if you qualify... I was started at $771-2 whatever it is and I have not gone over (I thought I did once but I was checking out on my cell phone and it came straight out of my checking... it was double ouch as I was excited about CLI but anyway)

I use it for all my ebay stuff and some other stuff.

Message 2 of 14
Weights
Regular Contributor

Ehh...it's ok.  I don't use mine very often, but to my understanding, you can get cash back from certain merchants if you click on the appropriate link while logged into your account from their website (similar to Shop Discover for example).  Their credit lines are very strange sometimes.  I was initally approved for $1201 with a 760 EQ (the bureau that was pulled), which seems like an odd number.  Oddly enough, I got an automatic increase in my credit line around Christmas time, even though I had a zero balance and hadn't made a purchase attempt with it, which like Creditaddict said, is normally when this may be raised via a SP if the purchase total exceeds your current line.  

I haven't used it much, because I typically only buy something if I have the cash to pay in full within 30 days or so.  I just don't like carrying balances, even if it's at 0%.  Plus, I get extra benefits from AMEX and others that Bill Me Later doesn't offer, and in my opinion, better dispute support if necessary.  

Their customer service is all based within the US, which is nice.  However, I hate that the reps seem powerless to address any issue that may surface.  For example, they can't typically transfer you to a supervisor, can't transfer you to someone else who may be able to better assistance, etc.  I once had an issue with getting casback on a purchase, and they denied me it, because I accidentally opened a new window when completing an order and didn't stay on the same one throughout the whole transaction.  This wasn't made clear in the directions on how to earn the cash back, and it definitely left me with a less than favorable impression of their customer service.  

In summation, it's not a bad service.  However, I would only recommend using it if you must have something right away and don't have the cash to pay in full.  Be sure to check your statement to ensure that it's paid off in full before the promotional financing ends, or your going to be paying a lot of interest.  

Message 3 of 14
junojunowhat
Established Member

@stefnian0426 wrote:

I am looking for some feedback for bill me later card.

I frequently get the pop up for it asking for my name/last 4 digits of social.

I currently have 4 credit cards- all from comenity. all paid on time or in full.

I know i would use it often for those bigger purchases.

I have fair credit (643, 619- not sure about ex)

A few people say put a larger purchase first when applying at checkout to get a bigger amount? not sure about the truth to that.

I know it is a hard pull and they do not report to the CB's.

If you have it... do you like it? use often? do they offer deals/rewards of any kind? starting limit with score? how ofter CLI? and anything else you can think of would be great.

Although i only have 2 HP's on my report (1 from last year, 1 from 2014) i dont want to waste one.

Thank you in advance

I'm happy with it. Any purchase over $100 is 6 months no payments no interest, which comes in handy from time to time. Also, some of the cash back is pretty decent...I recently bought a pair of shoes that were $195 and got 10% cash back instantly applied to my balance. In my opinion, the only down side is that it doesn't report to the CBs.

AmEx Hilton HHonors - $18,000 | Discover It - $6,500 | Chase Freedom - $2,000 | BoA Cash Rewards - $1,500 | PayPal Credit - $1,797
Message 4 of 14
stefnian0426
Regular Contributor

Thank you for the info.

Whenever i shop on ebay or anywhere else and i pay through paypal, it always brings up a pop about bill me later and tells me to enter my last 4 social digits. is that like the shopping cart trick or does that mean i will def. get approved? I only ask because i am building my credit but do have a few bad things left that i am paying towards.

i was recently approved for the 4 comentiy store cards i have.  (i got in jan and feb)

Thanks again

Message 5 of 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

They still hp but it popping up I think is similar to shopping cart
Message 6 of 14
john398
Senior Contributor

I have used it on my 2nd paypal account as almost free cash advance in the past....worked well

Message 7 of 14
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@stefnian0426 wrote:

Thank you for the info.

Whenever i shop on ebay or anywhere else and i pay through paypal, it always brings up a pop about bill me later and tells me to enter my last 4 social digits. is that like the shopping cart trick or does that mean i will def. get approved? I only ask because i am building my credit but do have a few bad things left that i am paying towards.

i was recently approved for the 4 comentiy store cards i have.  (i got in jan and feb)

Thanks again

That's how I ended up getting approved. I like it so far, I just wish it reported. 

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 8 of 14
studiogeek
Valued Member

You wish it reported 100+%  utilazition?

NOT reporting is the value of the tradeline as the only way to raise the limit is to max it out.

Aug 2012 TU/EQ/EX 500's (zero positive credit, one 6 year old CO for $1100) Rebuild->Cap 1 secured $200->TU 610 EQ/EX 640, Shell $500 (cli) $750, Macy's $500, Bloomie's $500 ->(cli $1.2K), Victorias' Secret $750->(cli 1K) (level 2 moves) NFCU Visa Signature $15K/$20K, USAA $4K, Amex Blue $9K/$37K, Amex Costco $10.5K Penfed Visa $2.5K, OCCU Beaver $20K, Amex SP Gold(no limit), Chase PRG 26K ~ MyFico TU775 EQ789 EX766 / $0-$200,000 CL in just 18 months.
Message 9 of 14
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

@Whitneyy wrote:

@stefnian0426 wrote:

Thank you for the info.

Thanks again

That's how I ended up getting approved. I like it so far, I just wish it reported. 

I always find the different perspectives interesting on this tradeline.  Smiley Happy. I personally prefer that it not report.  When I do carry a balance for a online purchase, I prefer to do so on this account as opposed to my bank card revolvers.  Thinking back, I wish I had gone for the JP Select because of this little benefit also.  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.