Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advise for mom

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Advise for mom

Sheesh!!!!! Citi put it to furhter processing as well. I did not do the freedom... I will actually wait until I call recons tomorrow. Does citi have a recon or should I wait? My poor old mom!!!

Message 11 of 17
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Yep.. recon recon recon. The phone is your friend
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a feeling I will definitely be able to get something with her story. I'm sure to the computers she doesn't look too good but when I call up and have them take a  manual look they should do it. Now to be honest I have never done a recon before. I was approved for my BCP right away and I have a slate as well that was pending but then approved with no action on my part. Do I call them after the deny or should I call up during business hours tomorrow?

Should I put in for anyone else tonight? We did Chase Slate, Citi Diamond and Cap 1 plat prestige. Let me know as I'd like to do all these apps in one night rather than over days.

Thanks again so much.

Message 13 of 17
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Nah I think 2 is good for now. Take a wait and see approach. ... make sure she is on board.. and I would let her do the recon. Does she have good income?
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

She just told me she put in for the discover and got approved! Very happy for her except we can't find what her CL is anywhere Smiley Sad

Message 15 of 17
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

congrats G.L. on the BT's.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. I have high utilizations but am similar in that I have no lates or anything, and I recently joined a cu and opened a small checking account with them and was extended a card with a 5k balance and great APR.. Maybe she could join a cu? They tend to be more understanding/helpful.
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.