Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advise on getting Chase Sapphire Preferred credit card - Short History

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Advise on getting Chase Sapphire Preferred credit card - Short History

Hi guys,

I have some questions regarding getting CSP card.

I recently moved to US from Canada( March 2016 ), and my profile as of writing this (01/23/2017) is following:

Gross income : $80K

Cards:

1. Captial One secured card - $500 CL , $0 balance, never used since I got Amex gold below,  Age: 9 Months

2. Amex Delta Gold - $2000 CL, $200 balance, actively using, Age: 3 months

Credit score from credit karma : 

TU - 711

EQ - 696

(I have a car loan that I've been paying without any issue but it's not showing up on credit karma somehow. Any idea?)

My questions are :

1. Is there any chance for CSP card approval for me? If not, what should I do to increase the chance later?

2. Once I get CSP approved, should I close Amex gold account? or should I leave it open paying annual fee every year even if I don't utilize it?

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Advise on getting Chase Sapphire Preferred credit card - Short History

Your scores are in the ballpark.  I would google 'chase' and 'prequalified credit cards' and put in your info to see if you have a pre-approval.  If you do not then you could go into a branch and also have a banker check his system for a preapproval. 

Keep in mind that the CSP is a Visa Signature card and as such any applicant would have to be approved for a $5000 credit line. 

Chase is pretty loyal to its banking customers so you may want to think about opening an account there [use a coupon to get some cash for opening] and if you deposit $10,000 or more with them, then you can fill out a 'Special Consideration Form' to try and get approved if you were declined initially.  Again that would be with a banker. 

Good luck! 

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advise. Unfortunately, I don't have any close by Chase around me. Would it be possible to get approved on the phone by any chance?

@Anonymous wrote:

Your scores are in the ballpark.  I would google 'chase' and 'prequalified credit cards' and put in your info to see if you have a pre-approval.  If you do not then you could go into a branch and also have a banker check his system for a preapproval. 

Keep in mind that the CSP is a Visa Signature card and as such any applicant would have to be approved for a $5000 credit line. 

Chase is pretty loyal to its banking customers so you may want to think about opening an account there [use a coupon to get some cash for opening] and if you deposit $10,000 or more with them, then you can fill out a 'Special Consideration Form' to try and get approved if you were declined initially.  Again that would be with a banker. 

Good luck! 

Message 3 of 7
Hillbill
Established Member

go to the chase pre-qual site. If your desired caRd is shown, there is a really good chance you will get it.
Message 4 of 7
jacetx
Valued Contributor

You could always check the prequals as suggested but normally Chase likes to see cards in your profile with $5k+ since MOST of their VS cards start at $5k. 

Message 5 of 7
noobody
Established Contributor

Chase most likely see one year credit history to grant you a credit card.
I would try 3x CLI amex first, 6k is much better looking than 2k.
apply CSP in 3 month.
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advise! CLI approved instantly! 

I guess I will try appying for CSP after 3 months.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.