Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advise on phase 2

tag
redpat
Senior Contributor

Re: Advise on phase 2

@Anonymous wrote:
even though the auto is secured there is still a ton that's not. if they lent the op what is owed, let's say $20k and its worth $17k (which is common) then that's $3k unsecured for a few years. they should lend $500 for a darn card

So Chase should just because.  BTW collaterized loans are different than unsecured loans / credit lines.  They go through different underwriting.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 61 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sometimes, a CCC will not let you have a CC becuase you have a CO from the past.  If it hasnt been settled, it is still a debt even if it is past the SOL and it doesnt show on your Crs anymore.  It's like a black list.

I have some similar issues with COs and I have settled all but 2 of them.  One of them has relented and is letting me back in becuase I have a hsitory with regular banking with them, and I am grateful.  The second one I will not approach again.

GL with your rebuilding.

Message 62 of 63
rockbttm442
Frequent Contributor

Funny thing is the CO isn't with Chase it's an old auto loan I defaulted on when I lost my job. TU already removed the TL EX and WQ are being stubborn.
Cap 1 QS1 - $3300, Kemba CU - $500, Chase Freedom - $500, Sears MC - $751, Sears - $2000, Hot Topic - $1230, Grismer - $1200, Target - $1800, Walmart - $200, Home Depot - $500, Discover IT Chrome - $7000, Chase Sapphire Preferred - $5000
Message 63 of 63
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.