Platinum
Frequent Contributor

Re: Affects of removing myself as an AU on a card

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@Platinum wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Platinum wrote:

@crunching_numbers wrote:

If I have myself removed as an AU from one of my husband's cards, will it come off of my CR entirely? If not, do they immediately stop calculating the amount owed into my credit owed and usage? How long before I should see a change in CR and FICO's?

It won't come off automatically. You must dispute it with CRA's after you have removed yourself as AU with the card issuer. Primary cardholder must call.

Effects...depends on many factors. Is it positive or negative...how many more you have on your report...how old they are...what is your utilization ??? etc...

Not true.  If the CRA [b]doesn't automatically remove it[/b], then you will have to dispute.  I just had myself removed as an AU and EX and EQ stopped reporting me, though TU continue. 

The [b]e[/b]ffect will be that all information related to that account will disappear from your report like it was never there.  How fast it happens depends on how fast the CRAs update.

Well, I am sorry but I did not mean to say something that is not true. I had to remove my wife as AU at least five times and it never came off automatically. She always had to dispute it as: "no longer AU on this account" before it disappeared from all CRA's.

How about we agree that it's another YMMV situation? Because that's really what it is.

Exactly. It looks like it all depends on how that certain card issuer reports to CRA's.

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Affects of removing myself as an AU on a card

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@Platinum wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Platinum wrote:

@crunching_numbers wrote:

If I have myself removed as an AU from one of my husband's cards, will it come off of my CR entirely? If not, do they immediately stop calculating the amount owed into my credit owed and usage? How long before I should see a change in CR and FICO's?

It won't come off automatically. You must dispute it with CRA's after you have removed yourself as AU with the card issuer. Primary cardholder must call.

Effects...depends on many factors. Is it positive or negative...how many more you have on your report...how old they are...what is your utilization ??? etc...

Not true.  If the CRA [b]doesn't automatically remove it[/b], then you will have to dispute.  I just had myself removed as an AU and EX and EQ stopped reporting me, though TU continue. 

The [b]e[/b]ffect will be that all information related to that account will disappear from your report like it was never there.  How fast it happens depends on how fast the CRAs update.

Well, I am sorry but I did not mean to say something that is not true. I had to remove my wife as AU at least five times and it never came off automatically. She always had to dispute it as: "no longer AU on this account" before it disappeared from all CRA's.

How about we agree that it's another YMMV situation? Because that's really what it is.

Sometimes I feel like this place is trying to mimic a kindergarten classroom.  The fact is that you do not need to have them removed unless they are not automatically removed.  Sure, you can call that a YMMV situation, but by the same reasoning, you can call just about anything discussed on these boards a YMMV situation.  If we can't discuss differences of opinion or experience, everyone's posts should be "my experience is irrelevent, YMMV."

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.