Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Affinity Plus CC

tag
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Affinity Plus CC

So im in need of a new student loan and i have to get a private loan, and currently one of my Credit Unions i bank with offers student loans. Well they also offer a Visa and i figured im in the market for a new Visa and if im going to take the HP for the student loan, i could use that same pull for the Visa. 

Questions:

1. Is it a decent card?

2. What are the limits you started with? and current limit?

3. Are CLI possible, if so HP or SP?

4. Avg score needed? (if you know)

5. Also do they offer Visa Signature?

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

Re: Affinity Plus CC

@Skye12329 wrote:

So im in need of a new student loan and i have to get a private loan, and currently one of my Credit Unions i bank with offers student loans. Well they also offer a Visa and i figured im in the market for a new Visa and if im going to take the HP for the student loan, i could use that same pull for the Visa. 

Questions:

1. Is it a decent card?

2. What are the limits you started with? and current limit?

3. Are CLI possible, if so HP or SP?

4. Avg score needed? (if you know)

5. Also do they offer Visa Signature?

Hello...I assume you are talking about Affinity Plus in MN?

If so, I bank there as well, so might be able to help you...

1. Is it a decent card? Depends what you mean by "decent".  If you're asking if it has good rewards, the answer is no.  They do have a rewards program, but it's one of those "earn a million points, and qualify for a toaster" kind of programs.  No comparing it with the rewards offered through the larger banks.  OTOH the interest rate is WAY better than most CC's (I qualified for 10.9%).

2. What are the limits you started with? and current limit?  I applied and was approved for $3000CL.  It was same pull as membership (2-for-1), so I figured what the heck.  I decided to decline it (never activated) since I later qualified some of the cards in my sig.

3. Are CLI possible, if so HP or SP?  Not sure...

4. Avg score needed? (if you know)  Not sure either...I was around 700 CS at the time.  I would do a online chat with one of their reps to find out what kind of scores they are looking for.  I did not get the impression you need perfect credit to be approved.

5. Also do they offer Visa Signature? No.

So I would say if need a solid card and are thinking you may need to carry a balance sometimes, it would be worth it.  Plus it's always good to estalish a relationship with a CU (they are very highly regarded here in town, which is why I joined).  However if you want a card with good rewards, there are much better options out there.

Message 2 of 4
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Right i dont really need the rewards, i do however like the interest rates offered also. I have a rewards card already i guess i need a new Visa in general and am trying to avoid Chase, i have nothing against them, i wouldnt mind them but i figured hey if im taking the Hit why not the 2-1 also. 

I just noticed on their website its 25k for max limit which isnt bad XD

Also do you know if they look at your account balance and take that into factor for credit limit? Or is it instant approval? Because i have 2 banks and i split my income between them. 

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 3 of 4
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

@Skye12329 wrote:

Right i dont really need the rewards, i do however like the interest rates offered also. I have a rewards card already i guess i need a new Visa in general and am trying to avoid Chase, i have nothing against them, i wouldnt mind them but i figured hey if im taking the Hit why not the 2-1 also. 

I just noticed on their website its 25k for max limit which isnt bad XD

Also do you know if they look at your account balance and take that into factor for credit limit? Or is it instant approval? Because i have 2 banks and i split my income between them. 

If you don't care about the rewards, I say go for it!  A 2-for-1 HP is always good!

As far as account balance, I was depositing $100 for my initial deposit, so no I don't think that's a factor Smiley LOL

As I recall, I applied over the weekend, so it wasn't an "instant approval".  The automated system told me my application would be reviewed (usually the kiss of death), but I received a letter a few days later telling me I was approved.

If I were you, since you're already applying for the student loan, go into one of the branches and tell the banker what you're trying to do.  They may be able to help you "shepherd" it through (if you're on the borderline score-wise).  I have always found them to be very helpful...this will also assure you are only taking the one HP (their automated system is a little quirky).

Good luck!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.