Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After all my hard work :(

tag
rudy0720
Regular Contributor

Re: After all my hard work :(

Be ready to pay that default rate of 29.99% too. Going over limit is like missing a payment with most credit card issuers

Citi Thank You Premier Visa Signature-$9K, Citi Thank You Preferred Vis Signature-$8.3K, Citi AA Signature- 8.5K, Citi Simplicity 9.2K, Citi Diamond-6.1K, Lowes-$10K, Chase Sapphire Preferred- $ 5K, AMEX BCE $14.5K, AMEX Starwood Preferred $15K, ,AMEX Everyday-$5K, Fidelity Amex-$10K, US Bank 123 rewards Kroger-$17K, Penfed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature-$30K, Amex Delta-$10K, Barclay Arrival Plus- $10K, Penfed Travel Rewards Amex-$10K, Bank of America Cash Rewards- $14K
Message 11 of 13
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@rudy0720 wrote:

Be ready to pay that default rate of 29.99% too. Going over limit is like missing a payment with most credit card issuers

I don't think so.   If they are concerned about your credit, I assume they would decline the charges.   Or if you opt in, they can charge you a fee for going over (big money for them) and they still decide if they want to do it.

It is not really a negative, your score will be lower due to high utilization, but it is only temporary and there is no history of it on your credit report.

A missed payment on the other hand stays on your report for 7.5 years and truly is a negative. 

On a positive note, PayPal SC let me charge to about 125% credit limit.  I PIF after the statement closed and they gave me a 50% CLI.      

Message 12 of 13
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@rudy0720 wrote:

Ive never experienced a "default rate" for going over limit on any card... and believe me I've gone over limit on many accounts before I realized that it was a bad thing. I think what you are mentioning here is a lender specific thing; not necessarily an industry standard.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.