Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After your cc reports when to use?

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: After your cc reports when to use?

There are exceptions, some CUs and US Bank report at the end of the month.
Message 11 of 17
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

That may be true but they have to report  the info when the statement was cut

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 12 of 17
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Wade64 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

Not sure what that means!  US Bank reports the balance at the end of the month, and my statement cuts about the 5th.

Message 13 of 17
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Wade64 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

Not sure what that means!  US Bank reports the balance at the end of the month, and my statement cuts about the 5th.

Really!!!  I didn't know that........... My bad

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 14 of 17
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Exactly, DCU is the same...my statement cuts on the 17 th and they report my bal as of the last day of the month.
Message 15 of 17
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

I was wondering why banks don't do something like report on random (changing) days each month to reduce gaming the Fico scoring.  Then, thinking more, while it is still probably a tiny fraction that does this (paying before statement cuts) the banks must like this behavior, as they get their money early (and settle with the merchants later!)

Of course, with random dates each month, the myfico strategy would be to pay after each day's purchase (on all but one card I guess) and that would be even better for the banks....

Message 16 of 17
creditscoreEE
Frequent Contributor

So how do you use it for the card that you want to report for 9% utiliz or below? Do you use the card after your due date or the same after the statement cuts?

Samsung mobile
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.