Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aftermath of APP spree... A little worried

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Aftermath of APP spree... A little worried

@Anonymous wrote:

So, after the high of all the approvals, I'm kind of worried how detrimental this will be to my credit and my relationship with current and new creditors. I was so excited that my scores went up. So, I decided to plunge as deep as I could go. I hope this doesn't indicate to lenders that I'm irresponsible or a red flag...

I've added roughly... 10+ inqs to my CR in the past month. And, at least 5 to 6 new accounts are gonna hit soon. Most have been approvals, and for really prime cards. However, I don't want my current lenders, or the lender I've gotten new accounts with, to think I'm a giant risk and either A) reduce all my limits or B) close my accounts...

Does anyone have any experience with this? How bad was the impact to your FICO score. Did your lenders get spooked and alter/close your accounts? Smiley Frustrated Am I just being paranoid?

I did an app spree in the beginning of February and added 10 cards and about $170K in CLs. Before the spree my scores were EQ-819  TU-818  EX- 806. Now they are EQ-799  TU-826 and EX-799. I haven't heard a peep from any of my other creditors. Once some inquiries drop and the accounts age a bit I assume my scores will go back up.

So don't lose any sleep over it. Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thnxs everyone for your great advice. Here's where I am at today.  Previous, I had 1 Fingerhut, 1 Eddie Bauer, 2 Credit One, 1 Barclay Reward, 1 Milestone and 1 Costco Amex with total exposure of 5,000.  Always PIF and all utilized monthly w/ FIcO 8 in very high 600s.  After spree, I still have all cards above and USAIR (4k), CSP (5k), RC (7K) (really surprised by that high limit), Victoria (500) and Crew (1200).  Still will always PIF.  My utilization tends to be low and that's why I can PIF.  And Equifax jumped 17+ to 715 but only USAIR has started to report.  Expect all 3 will  drop when everything is on the books.  So here is the big question which I want to put out there.  No big expenditures for rest of year except wedding in May (not to far away) which should cost me 3-4K.  I have the cash so should I use my new cards for hotel,car rental, and air ticket for authorization only and pay with cash or should I spread the risk across the four bank cards. (I mean, this is what credit cards are for!) and PIF on June statements.   Since this trip is only 1 month out, my biggest fear is that 1 or more (esp. Amex) are going to look at me and say, "Hey, what the heck is going here???"   My primary goal is to keep in everyone's good graces and I am now in garden for min 1 year.  What are your thoughts and thank you VERY MUCH for any contribution.  Plan to close credit one cards on June 01.  (I tacked this on  to Dhar33's original post to save a new subject for someone else sine the topic was exactly the same.  Thank you Dhar33.  I'm not sure if that is good or bad posting etiquette.  However, if I get no responses here, I will repost as new subject - VERY sorry if there is any confustion)  Smiley Happy.  Still learning how the boards work.

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thnxs everyone for your great advice. Here's where I am at today.  Previous, I had 1 Fingerhut, 1 Eddie Bauer, 2 Credit One, 1 Barclay Reward, 1 Milestone and 1 Costco Amex with total exposure of 5,000.  Always PIF and all utilized monthly w/ FIcO 8 in very high 600s.  After spree, I still have all cards above and USAIR (4k), CSP (5k), RC (7K) (really surprised by that high limit), Victoria (500) and Crew (1200).  Still will always PIF.  My utilization tends to be low and that's why I can PIF.  And Equifax jumped 17+ to 715 but only USAIR has started to report.  Expect all 3 will  drop when everything is on the books.  So here is the big question which I want to put out there.  No big expenditures for rest of year except wedding in May (not to far away) which should cost me 3-4K.  I have the cash so should I use my new cards for hotel,car rental, and air ticket for authorization only and pay with cash or should I spread the risk across the four bank cards. (I mean, this is what credit cards are for!) and PIF on June statements.   Since this trip is only 1 month out, my biggest fear is that 1 or more (esp. Amex) are going to look at me and say, "Hey, what the heck is going here???"   My primary goal is to keep in everyone's good graces and I am now in garden for min 1 year.  What are your thoughts and thank you VERY MUCH for any contribution.  Plan to close credit one cards on June 01.  (I tacked this on  to Dhar33's original post to save a new subject for someone else sine the topic was exactly the same.  Thank you Dhar33.  I'm not sure if that is good or bad posting etiquette.  However, if I get no responses here, I will repost as new subject - VERY sorry if there is any confustion)  Smiley Happy.  Still learning how the boards work.

Remember paragraphs are your friends....Smiley Wink

Personally I would use the cards and then PIF when they're due. Gives you some flexibility in case something comes up and you have to use some of the cash for something else.

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

All depends on your credit profile beforehand, and whether or not you wish to keep track of 10+ cards, also whether or not your income can support that sort of habit.  

I'll probably shoot for about 3-4 cards (cancel the store cards I have now once I get what I need) and just stop there. 

Message 14 of 15
casemodgod
Established Member

In the past 12 months, I've added about 24 new accounts.

Went from literally $300 to 60k in credit.  

The key is what everyone else pointed out.  Make your payments on time, multiple payments doesn't  hurt in a

month either, as it shows a consistent commitment to pay down debt that way also.  

I've had nobody complain except NASA FCU about new accounts.  Everyone else just keeps on approving me.

Scores at start were high 500's (I basically had no credit score due to no activity in 6+ months).  

They're now all creeping into the 700's range.  

So, rest easy, make your payments, and be responsible with the credit, the age and overall buffer for utilization will

wipe out the short term inquiry hits in 6 months at the most.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.