Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Age of credit history for Care Credit.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Age of credit history for Care Credit.

Hello! I decided to do a rhinoplasty. And I have a question. The age of my credit history 1 year, but my fico score is 800. Am I qualify for care credit ?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Age of credit history for Care Credit.

I don't see why not.  Your score suggests nothing negative present, solid utilization, etc.  1 year of credit history is usually sufficient to obtain credit from most lenders.  Synchrony isn't particularly tough.  The one piece of information that is crucial that you didn't mention however is what your income is.  As long as it's decent, I see no reason for denial.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the answer! Good to know. One more question. How do they check income? Do I have to provide tax return information or I can provide an account statements?
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

With a score of 800 I don't see why they would even bat an eye. My dentist office applied for me at the office and I was approved for a very small limit of $800 but this was almost a year ago when my score was in the high 500s with multiple derogs. I still have the Care Credit, haven't used it. But plan on using it soon. I asked for a CLI a couple months ago and was declined. I guess maybe because I haven't used it, or my credit report, or both. My score has improved alot since I applied. So I don't know. But I don't think they're super strict. And to answer your question, I never had to submit proof of income. Not to say that they would never ask for proof, but I was never asked and I don't make that much. In the $20,000s.

Message 4 of 6
BurgeoningHope
Frequent Contributor

You probably won't be asked to prove your number, but don't lie because you might be asked, however unlikely, and it's a crime (fraud) if you are found to have lied.

However, be sure to check for recent changes in what you may count as income. For one example, if you are married or partnered, sharing a household, and you have reasonable access to all of the family income, you may claim the whole income as yours, not just your slice of it. If you are a student, grants and scholarships count.

Google for details that pertain to your situation, and good luck with everything!

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you everybody for your answers!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.