Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ah, ditched the Orchard!

tag
LisaPA
Regular Contributor

Ah, ditched the Orchard!

I'm on  a roll today. Since my anniversary is coming up and I knew there would be a $59 annual fee (plus the APR increase, plus the crap $300 limit), I called to close the card. The CSR offered to see if I could get a CLI with a soft inquiry. I said sure, why not see? While we were waiting she offered to half the fee, but not waive it. I said let's wait until we see what the CLI is. They offered.... $100! I nearly laughed at her. So I went ahead and closed the account. Since I opened a CapOne last year also in October, this won't affect my AAOA and BofA just bumped me up to $1000, so my UTI is actually slightly better even with this closure. Movin' on up!

So glad to be rid of Orchard. They were never bad to me (unlike some here), I just felt like I deserved better. The CSR was very pleasant and even apologetic, but she didn't really strain herself to retain me either.

Lisa

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
pattycake
Established Contributor

Re: Ah, ditched the Orchard!

Yay!!!!  Have you seen the RIP Orchard thread?  Very funny....
pattycake's FICOs: 6/2/10 - TU: 708; EX: ???; EQ: 749
Message 2 of 10
pattycake
Established Contributor

Eulogy to Orchard Card...
Message 3 of 10
LisaPA
Regular Contributor

@pattycake wrote:

Ha! I was trying to decide if I just want to cut it up or set it on fire. :-b Do you think plastic fumes are dangerous?

Message 4 of 10
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the Orchard curb kick! Smiley Very Happy

And yes...the Orchard Memorial is a hoot!!!  

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 5 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

LisaPA wrote:

I'm on  a roll today. Since my anniversary is coming up and I knew there would be a $59 annual fee (plus the APR increase, plus the crap $300 limit), I called to close the card. The CSR offered to see if I could get a CLI with a soft inquiry. I said sure, why not see? While we were waiting she offered to half the fee, but not waive it. I said let's wait until we see what the CLI is. They offered.... $100! I nearly laughed at her. So I went ahead and closed the account. Since I opened a CapOne last year also in October, this won't affect my AAOA and BofA just bumped me up to $1000, so my UTI is actually slightly better even with this closure. Movin' on up!

So glad to be rid of Orchard. They were never bad to me (unlike some here), I just felt like I deserved better. The CSR was very pleasant and even apologetic, but she didn't really strain herself to retain me either.

Lisa

Just to point out to all readers, closing a card doesn't affect your AAoA until it falls off your reports 10 years later (earlier for EQ, which is trigger-happy.)

Congrats on graduating from rebuilding land!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 10
LisaPA
Regular Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@LisaPA wrote:

Lisa

Just to point out to all readers, closing a card doesn't affect your AAoA until it falls off your reports 10 years later (earlier for EQ, which is trigger-happy.)

Congrats on graduating from rebuilding land!

Sorry, I was thinking long term, but I didn't say so. You're right, it wouldn't affect anything now anyway, but as long as I keep the CapOne open, I keep the same age.

Thanks!

Message 7 of 10
armymom
Regular Contributor

Congratulations on ditching Orchard!  I hope to be doing the same within the next year.Smiley Happy
Filed BK 07/07/15 Discharged 10/07/15
Starting scores 11/2015 EQ 567 TU 487 EX 531
Current scores 02/2017 EQ 649, TU 642, EX 651

Cap 1 QS 5000 Cap 1 QS 6500, PenFed Promise 2500, NFCU GoRewards 8000 NFCU CLOC 4000
In the garden until 2018
Message 8 of 10
pattycake
Established Contributor

It's the best feeling in the world when you can finally cancel Orchard.  They serve their purpose, but must hit the road shortly thereafter.  
Message 9 of 10
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@LisaPA wrote:

@pattycake wrote:

Ha! I was trying to decide if I just want to cut it up or set it on fire. :-b Do you think plastic fumes are dangerous?

They are! It's so much better to shred!

Congrats on your divestment!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.