Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ahh! One day late with discover.

tag
LexieCat
Regular Contributor

Re: Ahh! One day late with discover.

@taxi818 wrote:

I feel you op. Question. Why would you actually set it on your due date? Crazy. Set at least a week early for auto pay. As you can pick date.  I believe this is reason most are late. Relying on that. I can see as backup measure. But there are so many apps with bill reminders it's scary. They bug the heck out of you until you pay bill. 

Mmm, no, I believe if you use the card's website, using the "pay on due date" it is always fine.  What you are saying goes, of course, if you are using your bank's bill-pay feature (I usually set it up to send the payment 7-10 days early just to account for holidays or any other delays), but if you are using the issuer's own website you should be completely safe.  If it doesn't deduct on time, assuming you set it to deduct on the due date, that isn't your responsibility.

Chase Sapphire Preferred $32k; CapitalOne Venture $30k; Chase Slate $30k; Barclaycard Arrival Plus $25k; Wells Fargo Visa $25k; Amex EveryDay $25k; Barclaycard Ring $15.5k; Lowes $10k; Barclaycard Apple Financing $9.5k; Best Buy $7k; Chase Amazon Rewards Visa $6.5k; misc. store cards

EQ 822; TU 820; EX 819
Message 11 of 13
Open123
Super Contributor

No affect, since you're allowed a late payment per year on the IT.  

Message 12 of 13
enharu
Super Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

No affect, since you're allowed a late payment per year on the IT.  

+1. Most issuers cut you some slack for being late once per year, even if they don't advertise it. (don't try this with Amex too often however)

Do call in nevertheless to make sure they don't bump you to the highest APR rate.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.